• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

C2E2 + April 25-27, 2014, It's Never To Early.

145 posts in this topic

So, I can't tell from the unnecessarily "interactive" map - Did they move the main exhibit floor AGAIN?

I always park out by the West Building because there's no competition for a space.

Where is the show in relation to that?

My first ever comic con! I'm excited and well as a little anxious as I don't know what to expect!!

It's C2E2 - soooo, too many aisles blocked with posing "cosplayers," an energy drink, Japanese fruit chew or massage chair booth every 5 feet, and a huge gap in product. It's either gold/silver age books or boxes full of trashed trades, with maybe 2 booths selling anything in decent shape from the last 3 (!) decades.

The Rosemont show in August has a much better selection of back issue stock - even crammed awkwardly into that upstairs space as it was last year.

Ooops, there I go ... being negative.

The show is in the South Building this year. The lot that the website was recommending (Lot B) is outdoor. I've parked there before, but I don't know that I would recommended it with rain being predicted this weekend. I'll park in a covered lot and snake my way through the halls.

Let me partially retract my negativity from earlier.

I am seriously, seriously impressed with the improvements to the dealer's room this year. It feels twice the size as in year's past. The aisles are well-spaced. And there's an abundance of new dealers with different and more varied product than in year's past. The product gap that I mentioned isn't completely gone, but it's narrowed a smidge.

And maybe I just wasn't looking in the right place, but I didn't see even one energy drink or fruit chew booth anywhere in the venue.

Now if they would just can that ridiculous "DJ" at the entrance ...

This year's show is still great for comic books. I picked up a lot of stuff that I've been looking for on the cheap... Just had to dig through boxes a bit like the best finds generally are. Artist alley is better than last year IMHO and the toy and poster fans will be pleased as well. If you're on the fence about going... Go. I believe there are still single day tickets available.

The show is in the South Building this year. The lot that the website was recommending (Lot B) is outdoor. I've parked there before, but I don't know that I would recommended it with rain being predicted this weekend. I'll park in a covered lot and snake my way through the halls.

I parked in the Parking lot A which is off cermak. Indoors. $21.

+1 Definitely use Parking Lot A.

The biggest advantage (in my eyes) C2E2 has over WW is ticketing/admission.

With C2E2 I can pre-order my pass, receive it in the mail, go the Convention Center 20 mins early and walk in at 11:05AM.

With WW I can pre-order my pass, arrive early at the Convention Center to pick it up, wait 60 mins to pick up the pass I already purchased, and then wait in another 60 mins line b/c everyone that bought a ticket at WW that day is now in front of me.

This year's show is still great for comic books. I picked up a lot of stuff that I've been looking for on the cheap... Just had to dig through boxes a bit like the best finds generally are. Artist alley is better than last year IMHO and the toy and poster fans will be pleased as well. If you're on the fence about going... Go. I believe there are still single day tickets available.

I can't even believe the amount of great deals I've gotten on books the past couple of days. So many good deals in the $1, $2, and $5 boxes. This is my first con, and I thought you would have to pay the artist/writer for a signature, so it was a pleasant surprise when I got 5 autographs on my Batman Eternal #1 without paying anything extra :) Still missing that Synder sig, every time I walk over to that area the line never seems to get any shorter :pullhair:

How do you get to this parking lot? Is that a specific address? I'm always led to the outdoor lot that's about a 15 minute hike, UGH. Also, any better deals than $21/$22 parking? Can't believe I'll be paying $66 in parking just for the weekend :(

Also, any better deals than $21/$22 parking? Can't believe I'll be paying $66 in parking just for the weekend :(

That is one plus of WW over C2E2 from the sound of it. Parking is cheaper there, especially if you can find space in the commuter lot a couple of blocks from the convention center. Even in the garage it is only like $10-12 from what I remember, and that has direct walkway access into the con.

I can't even believe the amount of great deals I've gotten on books the past couple of days. So many good deals in the $1, $2, and $5 boxes. This is my first con, and I thought you would have to pay the artist/writer for a signature, so it was a pleasant surprise when I got 5 autographs on my Batman Eternal #1 without paying anything extra :) Still missing that Synder sig, every time I walk over to that area the line never seems to get any shorter :pullhair:

How busy was Batman artist Jason Fabok's line? He has done the Batman covers in years in my opinion the Detective Comics #27 1:100 variant and the Batman Eternal #1 cover simply breathtaking.

How do you get to this parking lot? Is that a specific address? I'm always led to the outdoor lot that's about a 15 minute hike, UGH. Also, any better deals than $21/$22 parking? Can't believe I'll be paying $66 in parking just for the weekend :(

Sounds like you are taking the wrong exit. Get off at the Martin Luther King Dr exit and stay to the left.