• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jayvegas - please grade my entire collection . . .

41 posts in this topic

Ive realized over the last week or so that I may have approached selling my small medeal collection the wrong way. I understand now that the only collectors or dealers or prospectors that will shell out the larger dollars are likely upgrading their existing high conditioned collections. This leaves me to assume 2 things. I am really only going to generate interest on my highest grade comics. The other thing I overlooked is that, since I am not interested in sending ANY of my issues to the CGC, because of the overwhelming negative feedback I have read, I am going to have to expect harsh grading from those who are only interested in my comics, so that they can in turn send them in and make their profit off of a CGC graded comic.

The funny thing is, I would have thought that newbies on here, would be traeated a little better, as they are new and the opportunity to obtain their comics would be more attractive to dealers and serious collectors because of the seller's inexperience. The 1st four issues I listed on e-bay have a minimun bid of $75. Even with the harshest grading these comics have recieved on here, the issues still book (OS) at well over $300. Nowhere on this site have I generated any interest in these books what so ever.

I haven't even really been able to absorb any good advice or tips. But I again thank those on this form for letting me explore and use the services.

I understand that you take the licks as a new person and stuff like that but, I am more interested in finding out how much my collection is worth right now, than bickering with people on here.

Ive realized over the last week or so that I may have approached selling my small medeal collection the wrong way. I understand now that the only collectors or dealers or prospectors that will shell out the larger dollars are likely upgrading their existing high conditioned collections. This leaves me to assume 2 things. I am really only going to generate interest on my highest grade comics. The other thing I overlooked is that, since I am not interested in sending ANY of my issues to the CGC, because of the overwhelming negative feedback I have read, I am going to have to expect harsh grading from those who are only interested in my comics, so that they can in turn send them in and make their profit off of a CGC graded comic.

The funny thing is, I would have thought that newbies on here, would be traeated a little better, as they are new and the opportunity to obtain their comics would be more attractive to dealers and serious collectors because of the seller's inexperience. The 1st four issues I listed on e-bay have a minimun bid of $75. Even with the harshest grading these comics have recieved on here, the issues still book (OS) at well over $300. Nowhere on this site have I generated any interest in these books what so ever.

I haven't even really been able to absorb any good advice or tips. But I again thank those on this form for letting me explore and use the services.

I understand that you take the licks as a new person and stuff like that but, I am more interested in finding out how much my collection is worth right now, than bickering with people on here.

Most Silver Age Marvels below VF only sell for half book or less.

I've gotten some nice mid-grade Thors/Jims and Hulks in FVF for as little as 20% of book cloud9.gif and have sold some Hulks for even less once on eBay. 893frustrated.gif

Normally 33-50% is what you get. X-men, FF, ASM get close to 50% mostly, but others go cheaper.

The exceptions are keys, or very early books from 1961-1964, or you get lucky and 2-3 people bid you up on eBay.