• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comics America...Stay Away???

106 posts in this topic

Before you engage in doing business with them I strongly suggest that you read about their free shipping policy. I won't describe it in detail here but they are in gross violation of consumer protection laws.

It never ends with this Company. I have given up hope on ever getting a refund back from them. They can keep the damn $49.99 + $12 shipping. The USPS person didn’t let me know there were tracking to Canada.

I post the below to inform fellow boarders of how incredibly bad their service is.

I regret I ever knew who they are and bought from them. What a headache.

--Marc

To: Marc

Sent: Thursday, May 9, 2013 11:48 AM

Subject: Re: Order #5415 1 x Peter Panzerfaust #2

Hi Marc:

Do you by any chance have a tr acking number on this?

Regards,

joe

On 2013-05-09, at 11:19 AM, Marc wrote:

Hi Joe,

The pics and book was sent back over two months ago. What is the status on this refund?

If I do not hear anything I will proceed to contact my credit card company to withhold payment.

Regards,

Marc

To: "comics_america@mts.net"

Sent: Sunday, February 10, 2013 2:53 PM

Subject: Order #5415 1 x Peter Panzerfaust #2

Hi Joe,

The images are attached.

Regards,

Marc

Alas, poor Comics America; I know them well!

I am still waiting for a $45 shipment from January. They completed half the transaction, so they charged the full amount to my CC.

The first half arrived in great condition, with some rather perfect books; at this point, I was very excited to become a repeat customer. But then...

After getting nothing on the 2nd half of the shipment for two months, after repeated emails they finally sent out the $45 of books, but they somehow put the wrong address on the box and didn't send it to the correct address, so it got returned to sender in Canada and they say it never got there (which kind of isn't my problem).

Asked for a refund repeatedly for a month and got radio silence or status on the books they sent to the wrong adress not having been returned to their office. To reiterate, I was charged for the books in January, but still no books at the end of May...please please reverse my credit card charge, I implored. Nothing.

So now I am filing a complaint with BBB (they registered in SD), and filing for damages in small claims court in NY. The claim is going to cost me $15, but if it could reduce their market down to 49 states, well that would be something.

I could request a refund from my CC under my consumer protection clauses, but then I couldn't file in court since I wouldn't have damages. And I'm a principled kind of guy, so I prefer to push this in the court so its part of the public record. The other option would be to get my money but let this business continue to act in this way without consequence. That isn't how I raise my kids, and it isn't how I do business. I recommend you take your business elsewhere.

I had placed an order with them MONTHS ago. They said they couldn't fill it (I tried to pick up several copies of the same issue) and said would limit me to only 2 copies. I said that was fine ship it out when I finish adding books to my cart.

I had about $75 worth (free shipping). They revised my cart and increased all the prices and didn't ship.

TODAY I got notice that they plan on shipping at 4x mark up from what I put them in my cart for.

Charge back is waiting to happen

Full details on my case:

Purchased 1 copy of NWM #1

Purchased 13 copies of NWM #2

@ cover price on Jan 22nd for a total of 62.56 shipped.

He contacted me on Jan 23rd informing that he can't give me all the books. Which is understandable so I was getting:

NWM 1 x1

NWM 2 x2

I said that is fine add it to my account and will look to add a few other books.

The next morning I added a few other books I wanted as well as some other books I knew were worth more.

I told Joe to proceed and ship my full order (which was about $75 now to get free shipping).

About a week later I hadn't heard from them and checked my account. All books had price changes.

NWM 1 now at 24.99

NWM 2 now at 11.99

other cover books now at 9.99

My account more than DOUBLED and I was getting less than half the books initially.

On MAY 25th. Yes May 25th my account was updated and my card was charged.

I immediately contacted Joe and told him to delete everything.

Good luck to anyone that purchases from this scammer as they will price change and charge you for it without your authorization.

My bad experience .... this was months ago....

I added a few item to my cart

Manhattan Projects #1 $39.99 x2

Nowhere Men #1 $3.99 x5

checked out, paid for it all.

2 days later they said there was an error and the quantities were not available.

I blew it off and said oh well.

A week later I get am e-mail asking if I wanted to close an open cart items back in stock... cart shows....

Manhattan Projects #1 $39.99 x2

Nowhere Men #1 $3.99 x5

I click to checkout and it show my items with a new price

Manhattan Projects #1 $79.99 x2

Nowhere Men #1 $24.99 x5

WTF?

STAY FAR FAR AWAY FROM THESE SCUM....