• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comics America...Stay Away???

106 posts in this topic

Long time "Lurkers" as Ryan called us. This is my first post as I feel compelled to inform the board.

Ordered my Peter Panzerfaust #2 for $49.99 three months ago along with a couple of Manhattan Projects and Saga. The order was over $100 and they shipped in a padded envelop. Package came to me damaged. All other books were fine but PP #2 corner was crushed.

I contacted "Joe" for a full refund for the damaged books. "Joe" took two weeks to respond. Asked me to take pics and email to them. I took the pics and email right away. Two weeks later I was asked to return the book for a refund.

Long story short $49.99 book plus $12 for shipping back to Canada. Two months now and they still have not responded, contacted me or refund my credit card.

Fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice shame on me. Worst online service have ever encountered. Never again.

wow. just wow.

i guess we can add thief as well?

I live in Winnipeg and unfortuneltly have had a number of incedents with this place. No joke when you walk up to the register with new comics or magazines you will add extra amounts to the cover price. One afternoon I was buying Previews and on the cover their is Canadian and US prices. ((Usually the Canadian price is more) In this case the magazine Canadian prices and US prices were the same, be/c our dollars are really close in value to each other. I caught them adding 50 cents to the price. So I stopped them and took the magazine off. I couldnt believe it. They didnt even say anything. I guess I was supposed to know I was getting ripped off. I thought I would give them a chance being it wasnt the owner that rang me up. Then a few months later I was buying a big selection of comics Im thinking 20 or so comics, a mix of new and back issue. So I was expecting the bill to be high. It came to $80 soemthing. I tooke the reciept. When I got home I was looking over the comics and thought to myself the total was high. On their reciepts they break it down by brand, DC, Image, Marvel and so on. So the sales line on the reciept would look like this DC X 3 X 3.99 and so on. I matched up all the comics with the numbers on teh receipt and the charged me and extra $20 spread through out the different brands. They had over inflated the number of issues I was buying. I went back to the store about 4 hrs after I had purchased and they said I was lying, that I had the extra books at home and was just trying to rip them off.

Wow. Someone really needs to report this to the BBB (or Canadian equivalent). Or just file a police report.

So classless. They are committing theft on a large scale, and hiding behind a storefront as if that somehow makes it any less of a crime. Disgusting.

Wow. Someone really needs to report this to the BBB (or Canadian equivalent). Or just file a police report.

So classless. They are committing theft on a large scale, and hiding behind a storefront as if that somehow makes it any less of a crime. Disgusting.

BBB exists in Canada, but if they arent a member, it wont do much. What you want to do is get some kind of gov. silent shopper to come in, cause at the very least it's illegal to have an advertised price and charge more.

A boycott would fix their wagon right quick. Try selling your mess to thin air. See if that helps you pay the bills aholes. That and a pair of brass knuckles would get their anuses in line.

Im glad you mentioned that. Because I buy alot of alternative covers that are always more than the cover price I didnt even think about it being against the law. Now that you made me think about it, it has to be illegal. I know of no other company that changes prices of marked products like that. I will see what I can find by calling the Canadian government consumer affairs. I cant tell you how happy I was when I stumbled on this thread!!