• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fantastic Four reboot is already screwed up...

1,093 posts in this topic

sw50sw8sw578.gif
No it's not.

Johnny Storm is Caucasian.

The Kingpin is Caucasian.

Nick Fury is Caucasian.

Electro is Caucasian.

Studios feeling the need to cram diversity down our throats is racist. There are many other hero's who are African-American that I would love to see, The Panther, The Falcon.

Sorry rantrant over

I don't think for a second this is some sort of affirmative action thing. Just pick the best man for the job. I'm color blind when it comes to casting as long as the choice is good.

+1 to you Kramerica

sw50sw8sw578.gif
No it's not.

Nick Fury is Caucasian.

Electro is Caucasian.

Studios feeling the need to cram diversity down our throats is racist. There are many other hero's who are African-American that I would love to see, The Panther, The Falcon.

Sorry rantrant over

I don't think for a second this is some sort of affirmative action thing. Just pick the best man for the job. I'm color blind when it comes to casting as long as the choice is good.

+1 to you Kramerica

:facepalm:

Galactus should be played by a skinny British guy.

It would be an excellent plot twist if it was revealed that Galactus was really just an actor playing a role.

Only a British stage actor would dress like that in public.

It would be an excellent plot twist if it was revealed that Galactus was really just an actor playing a role.

Have you ever been to NYC?

-slym

Have you ever been to NYC?

-slym

Is that an invite? :whistle:

No, as I don't live there anymore.

But, I have seen some outlandish clothes being worn by people there, and that isn't always in the East Village, honey. A Galactus hat wouldn't make an eye blink - although it might be worn only with suspenders, no shirt, a diaper, and combat boots.

-slym

But, I have seen some outlandish clothes being worn by people there, and that isn't always in the East Village, honey. A Galactus hat wouldn't make an eye blink - although it might be worn only with suspenders, no shirt, a diaper, and combat boots.

-slym

lol This requires visualization!

Last time I pointed a camera at a guy dressed like that, he chased me for blocks, screaming that if I was gonna steal his soul, I at least ought to buy him dinner first.

:eek:

-slym

Last time I pointed a camera at a guy dressed like that, he chased me for blocks, screaming that if I was gonna steal his soul, I at least ought to buy him dinner first.

-slym

Digital camera: $100

Cab ride: $15

McDonalds Combo: $7

Stealing the soul of homeless Galactus: Priceless

Digital camera: $410

Cab ride: $32

McDonalds Combo: $8

Stealing the soul of homeless Galactus: Priceless

Adjusted a few prices for you, otherwise, PERFECT!

:roflmao:

-slym

sw50sw8sw578.gif
No it's not.

Nick Fury is Caucasian.

Electro is Caucasian.

Sorry rantrant over

+1 to you Kramerica

:facepalm:

+ 1,000,000

sw50sw8sw578.gif
No it's not.

Nick Fury is Caucasian.

Electro is Caucasian.

Sorry rantrant over

+1 to you Kramerica

With what I've read about Stan, Jack and Steve, is that if they created the Marvel universe now, there would be more racial diversity in the characters, just like the movies are doing.

It just wasn't prudent back in the '60s.

If we really want to stay true to the start of the Marvel universe, almost half the villains should represent the "Red Peril" and the "Yellow Menace".

You know, angry Communist comrades threatening to bury the capitalists, along with fearsome Commissars and their slant eyed, buck toothed underlings vowing to defeat the freedom-loving Americans.

Those images might not play too well today.

If the modern retelling of these stories has dramatic action with humor and satire, and includes characters that have human problems and imperfections, then the movie makers achieved their goal of capturing the tone that made the Marvel silver-age popular.

That is what I enjoy about the latest Marvel movies, and I believe that's why they are so successful, despite the deviation from Marvel cannon.

That being said, I too would have enjoyed a fully realized Mandarin in IM3 (as I stated in another post) but it didn't ruin the story for me.