• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fantastic Four reboot is already screwed up...

1,093 posts in this topic

Logan (Lego) rules :whee:

Make up your mind :taptaptap:

His name is Logan, dumbarse

:whatev:

How am I supposed to know that?

Maybe if you understood the use of the brackets, dork

Is he Canadian?

Is he Canadian?

What does that matter? Are you prejudiced against Canadians as well?

Is he Canadian?

Woh man that is crossing the line.

Is he Canadian?

Why?

Money will continue to drive the casting decisions in these movies. So-called "canon" (a laughable idea in comics) will lose over profitability every time.

Fixed.

It’s kind of ironic.

If deviating from the original intent of comic books in order to make a profit is considered some sort of betrayal and shouldn’t be done, then these boards and the company that generously provides them wouldn’t be here. And neither would many forum members.

I submit that all business in the vintage back issue market is a deviation from the original intent of the comic book.

The original intent of comic books was a cheap disposable means of entertainment that sold for 10¢ apiece.

A single issue of Action #1 can now sell for more money than DC made from the combined sales of every title they published that month.

A single page of Ditko Spidey OA can now sell for more money than Ditko was paid for all the Spider-Man pages he drew during his Marvel tenure.

Publishers produce comics in order to make a profit.

Goodman’s FF was created to profit off DC’s JLA popularity. It’s all about money.

Hollywood invests hundreds of millions of dollars in making these movies in order to make money, yet they should be held to a different standard than everyone else involved in the business?

Is he Canadian?

Why?

The historic oppression of Canadians is no laughing matter! :sumo:

Money will continue to drive the casting decisions in these movies. So-called "canon" (a laughable idea in comics) will lose over profitability every time.

Fixed.

It’s kind of ironic.

If deviating from the original intent of comic books in order to make a profit is considered some sort of betrayal and shouldn’t be done, then these boards and the company that generously provides them wouldn’t be here. And neither would many forum members.

I submit that all business in the vintage back issue market is a deviation from the original intent of the comic book.

The original intent of comic books was a cheap disposable means of entertainment that sold for 10¢ apiece.

A single issue of Action #1 can now sell for more money than DC made from the combined sales of every title they published that month.

A single page of Ditko Spidey OA can now sell for more money than Ditko was paid for all the Spider-Man pages he drew during his Marvel tenure.

Goodman’s FF was created to profit off DC’s JLA popularity. It’s all about money.

Hollywood invests hundreds of millions of dollars in making these movies in order to make money, yet they should be held to a different standard than everyone else involved in the business?

:applause:

Is he Canadian?

Why?

The historic oppression of Canadians is no laughing matter! :sumo:

I meant more because he is calling people prejudice but this too.

Is he Canadian?

I wasn't asking you, chum(p).

Fixed.

It’s kind of ironic.

Not the point.