• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Star Trek Into Darkness

383 posts in this topic

She can play whatever she wants. As long as she is in the movie, I am happy. Her Uhura is just fantastic.

:cloud9:

She is so thin tho... Halley has at least got some meat on her.

Don't get me wrong... Zoe is super hot.

How about Paula Patton ? hm

paula_patton_in_mi4-normal54_zps769a468c.jpg

Wow, she looks a TON like a younger Halle Berry in the body and particularly the face. A quick search on her height claims 5' 4".

She can play whatever she wants. As long as she is in the movie, I am happy. Her Uhura is just fantastic.

Yea I'm not a fan of Zaldana's waif figure, but she's stunning in the face.

Don't get me wrong... Zoe is super hot and will be even hotter playing the Human Torch.

Let her deliver on that Guardians of the Galaxy Gamora role, then Avatar 2 as Neytiri. Her star will be set high for all fanboys to worship.

How about Paula Patton ? hm

paula_patton_in_mi4-normal54_zps769a468c.jpg

Wow, she looks a TON like a younger Halle Berry in the body and particularly the face. A quick search on her height claims 5' 4".

She towered over Tom in Ghost Protocol... but she had some serious heels on in that party scene. Tom did too ;)

Yea I'm not a fan of Zaldana's waif figure, but she's stunning in the face.

That's the challenge with some of these stars. Nobody can hit the target 100% without some major CGI modifications. Even on the male side, who could actually pull off being Colossus?

Height: 6'6"; (transformed) 7'5"

Weight: 250 lbs., (transformed) 500 lbs.

128046-180782-colossus_super.jpg

Daniel Cudmore being 6'8" is definitely within the range of comic book reality. But to look as bulky would take some serious physical work or fantastic CGI effort.

I guess that's where the "suspension of belief" is going to have to take over.

I mean if your mind can tell you hobbits are small via camera tricks... then the same could happen for a character like Colossus.

CGI shouldn't have too much trouble since they have pretty much made Iron Man's armor almost seamless with reality. hm

She towered over Tom in Ghost Protocol... but she had some serious heels on in that party scene. Tom did too ;)

She looks 5' 4" in this pic given that Cruise is about 5' 6" and her heels look to be 3" if not 4". Cruise's boots look like they add about 1.5".

mission-impossible-4-premiere_132306076415.jpg

Daniel Cudmore being 6'8" is definitely within the range of comic book reality. But to look as bulky would take some serious physical work or fantastic CGI effort.

Cudmore is actually taller than the comic Rasputin, so he's a great physical casting particularly since he looks vaguely Russian and is pretty cut.

DanielCudmore_medium.jpg

She looks 5' 4" in this pic given that Cruise is about 5' 6" and her heels look to be 3" if not 4". Cruise's boots look like they add about 1.5".

Paula+Patton+Anil+Kapoor+Mission+Impossible+nbvWSRR1_tvx.jpg

If Tom did ever want to be taller... I'm sure he could afford new legs ;)

Cudmore is actually taller than the comic Rasputin, so he's a great physical casting particularly since he looks vaguely Russian and is pretty cut.

DanielCudmore_medium.jpg

Oh, I like him in the role. Unfortunately, very brief and kind of like an X-Men First Class-type situation the way they included Cudmore. It's when he changes over that they made him look like a metal version of himself.

Oddly enough, when I looked him up and someone asked him about being 6'8" tall, he told them he is not that tall. But even if they are off by two inches, the guy is definitely right for the role. Glad he will make it into Days of Future Past.

If Tom did ever want to be taller... I'm sure he could afford new legs ;)

lol

Kind if like Gattaca. Ouch! I still wince when I think of that scene in the movie.

DanielCudmore_medium.jpg

Is that your wallpaper?

I thought Cruise was 5'3",

Is he? I thought he was 5'7" though some articles posted after his marriage altered photographs to make him look shorter.

There was a faked photo of Cruise standing on a stool to be the same height as Katie Holmes. And the stool is 2' high.

doh!

I thought Cruise was 5'3",

No, definitely taller. Remember that his wives were 5' 8" Mimi Rogers, 5' 9" Nicole Kidman, and 5' 10" Katie Holmes. All his wives were taller than him, but not THAT much taller, they'd dwarf him at 5' 3" when they were in heels. There's a site that tries to cull together the heights of celebrities based upon statements made by the actor, other actors, and pics of them next to other actors that claims he's almost 5' 8": http://www.celebheights.com/s/Tom-Cruise-3.html