• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Star Trek Into Darkness

383 posts in this topic

I'll probably catch it again before it leaves the theater, but it wont be IMAX 3D the second time.

The new Superman trailer they showed was full of new stuff...hope they are saving something for in the theater on that one.

Elysium looked pretty great. MATT DAYYYMONN...

So far this summer:

Oblivion>StarTrek>IronMan3

Up next Fast 6

Let me save you some time.

Fast 6 might be just as good as the Wolverine movie.

Razzie city. (thumbs u

Fast 6 looks absolutely terrible.

They take down a plane for god sakes. :facepalm:

I saw it this afternoon, loved it! Definitely the best popcorn movie I've seen so far this year. I can't wait to see it again, hopefully sometime later in the week.

I am so not a fan of Star Trek, never was, but at least this movie attracted me as a well done action film and is on my list of movies to sneak in to.

If you are going to sneak in to it then download it or something. Probably less chance of being caught doing something wrong that way.

My record is 5 movies in a day. I do pay for the first one (shrug)

My friend and I have thought about it when I was 20...but 1. I don't have that much free time and 2. it's kinda sad. You should be thinking about how to steal the pop corn and drinks...that's where the rip off truly is.

In 10 years or so when theaters no longer exist we'll look back on this and blame you for it's demise :baiting:

Saw it yesterday and I thought it was okay. It wasn't great and it wasn't a stinker.

I am not a huge fan though, so take it for what it is worth. I liked some of the special effects, but I thought it tried too hard several times. As the movie went on, I became more and more annoyed and thought some of the lines were cheesy and forced. The throwbacks were neat, but there were just too many.

For me, I have been over critical on realism with movies like this for a while. I really wanted it to be a sci-fi movie but it felt a lot more like an action movie.

It has been a while since I saw the first but I think I recall liking it better.

I saw it this afternoon, loved it! Definitely the best popcorn movie I've seen so far this year. I can't wait to see it again, hopefully sometime later in the week.

I agree with you! I saw it last night and loved it!

Good flick, so much better than Iron Man 3.
I liked IM3,but I enjoyed Star Trek:Into Darkness more.

It had more character development & easter eggs than IM3

Plus,it had a better villian than IM3.

I actually cried a little in one scene in Star Trek (I think you all know what I'm talking about :blush: )

I enjoyed the movie, it was good and I'll buy it on Blu-ray.

But I walked out of the theatre with the same feeling as I did with the first one: that was fun, but hope they do something original for the next one. I was a bit more forgiving with the first one - they had to bring in a new generation of fans while not alienating the old. What was nods to the original in the first film now just feel like flat-out swipes in the second. It's a shame that they spent the first film setting up a new timeline with all it's potential....and then just fall back on what amounts to a retread.

I appreciate that Abrams has brought back a lot of the excitement of the original series. When I watched the original series as a kid I loved it as an action show. Yes, some episodes were socially relevant, but I think that aspect of the show has been a bit exaggerated over the years. I remember Star Trek as being a fun show, and the movies capture that feeling for me.

But while I'm grateful to Abrams for that, I think he's being a bit disingenuous. He claimed that he wanted to reinvent the franchise, but then has repeatedly swiped the accomplishments of the original series - a show and films he claims to have absolutely no interest in I might add. Frankly, I'm glad he's moving on to Star Wars. Maybe a new director can harness the potential here and do something original with the next film.

It reminds me of something Tom Baker said (with Cheshire Cat grin): " we used to call it plagiarism didn't we? But now we call it homage don't we?"

I actually cried a little in one scene in Star Trek (I think you all know what I'm talking about :blush: )

My wife did as well. :cry:

Mine didn't. But I did. :shy:

I TOTALLY know what your talking about!! Brought a tear to my eye too!

star-trek-into-darkness-hidden-image.jpg

Having not seen the film, I'm going to guess that you guys are crying about how beautiful Alice Eve is in a bikini. :cry::cloud9:

There was something to cry about in the movie? ???

lol