• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

should i restore this book?

9 posts in this topic

ok i have a copy of FF #10 in which both the front and back covers are off (i do have both covers in my possession)....i just would like the covers attached back on enough that i can turn them without fear theyll break off again......should i do it? what will this cost (approx.)? could i get another copy with the cover on for roughly the same price as having this restored?

19.jpg

OS lists a GD (lowest grade) copy of this issue at $85. Not sure if you can get it done for that price or not...

Overstreet does not consider tape to be a defect below VG,so you could simply scotch-tape it yourself and not have a restored book.Restoration will run at least $100 and result in a potential PLOD for the book.

Find some wide scotch tape and simply run it down the spine the length of the book.

Overstreet does not consider tape to be a defect below VG,so you could simply scotch-tape it yourself and not have a restored book.Restoration will run at least $100 and result in a potential PLOD for the book.

Find some wide scotch tape and simply run it down the spine the length of the book.

At least use archival tape. It's worth the fifteen dollars a roll for the fact that it's thinner, pressure-sensitive, almost invisible, and will not yellow with time, or cause acid to eat into the paper, or discolour the paper upon which you stick it.

I agree. I think that archival tape is the way to go if you want the cover reattached on this particular book. I think it would be much cheaper to buy a VG copy of FF 10 than to have this one restored. Given all the cover missing along the spine, restoring that would be expensive and since it's a non-key SA Marvel, it probably wouldn't be worth much more restored than it is in its present state.

ok i have a copy of FF #10 in which both the front and back covers are off (i do have both covers in my possession)....i just would like the covers attached back on enough that i can turn them without fear theyll break off again......should i do it? what will this cost (approx.)? could i get another copy with the cover on for roughly the same price as having this restored?

19.jpg

I've done a fair amount of thinking about restoring SA books. Basically I've come to the coonclusion that unless it's an early SA key (like FF1, AF15, ASM1, etc.) you're not going to gain anything at all -- especially on the resale end.

You would do better to sell your book on eBay, combine the proceeds with the money you would have spent on resto. and buy a beter copy.