• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ink on cover

12 posts in this topic

What type of ink -- distributor's spray, ballpoint, marker? I had an AF15 with ballpoint ink on it. Matt Wilson was able to get it out pretty good.

Is Matt able to remove ink in a manner that will still get a book a blue label?

What type of ink -- distributor's spray, ballpoint, marker? I had an AF15 with ballpoint ink on it. Matt Wilson was able to get it out pretty good.

Certain solvents could be used without taking the book apart, and are undetectable if done properly.

Also, the book could be dis-assembled and put in a chemical wash. If re-assembled skillfully, it's possible that it would slip by CGC, hence, Blue Label. I'm sure this happens more than anyone wants to admit. gossip.gif

I would leave it. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Well, that was long ago... before anyone ever cared about Blue Labels vs PLOD. From what he told me he spot treated the pallpoint ink and that got most of it out. Then he washed the cover. It left indentions in the cover where the pen marks were but at least the criminal doesn't have a Beatles haircut and beard.

Here they are...

On the criminal you ca still lightly see it at arms length. But you can't see it at all around Spidey's eyes unless you angle it into the light.

AF15_Criminal.jpgAF15_Spidey.jpg

AmazingFantasy_015.jpg

BTW, the corners are really that sharp. That photo has not been cropped. thumbsup2.gif

Ok back from work 893frustrated.gif ballpoint ink on my Action Comics #403 crazy.gif