• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC Green Eggs Grading Contest Round 2 Results

42 posts in this topic

CGC Green Eggs Grading Contest Round 2 Results

BK3: Black Knight #1 Off-White to White Pages -- Actual Grade: 5.0

BK4: Daredevil #1 Off-White Pages - Actual Grade: 2.5

Link to Books and Scans

Round 2 Grade Breakdowns

Round2-Breakdowns.png

2013 Grading Contest: Round 2 Results - Leader Board

Round2-Leaders.png

ROUND 2 COMMENTARY

cujobyte retains his position at the top of the leaderboard as DWL falters and drops 12 spots to #13. Making a slow and steady climb up the charts is MrBedrock who once again turns in a solid performance and ascends one spot to #2.

Waiting in the wings is perennial winner toro moving up ten spots to position #3.

Congratulations go to Mediumlover, thunsicker, and Dannyboy0076 who score double bullseyes as they too race up the charts!

If you are at the bottom, you can still make up ground! ROUND 3 awaits!

I consider these low-grade books extremely tough to grade. It's must easier to grade super-high grade books in my opinion. (thumbs u

Wow, the Black Knight had:

- colour breaking creases;

- rusty staple;

- slight spine roll;

- tear in spine at bottom;

- chip missing from the bottom right corner (cover);

- dings in the top of the cover;

- pen marks on the front cover;

- discolouration (reverse); and

- Absolutely no gloss to the cover.

So, I'm surprised it's official grade is a 5.0 - I reckon that seems generous. Luckily, I'm not a grader. hahahaha.

Glad that at least one of my grades was close... but frankly, I thought that the Black Knight book was only marginally better than the super-trashed Daredevil #1

I think I must re-evaluate my grading abilities. :cry:

I think CGC needs to re-evaluate their grading skills!

My Avengers #6 grade was way off because I somehow missed the boat on the staining, so whatever. But the other three, I feel pretty good about my guesses - and they were all also way off.

What the hey? These grades seem to offbase so me, I don't mind being in last place. :sumo:

Ok.... time to stop messing around. From now on I'm going to be grading with my good eye :sumo:

The scans are quite big and show every little fleck. You may consider taking sckao's advice on resizing to fit the page. (shrug)

Good luck on round 3! Don't give up, folks. The easy books are right around the corner. :wink:

I gave the BK #1 a 4.5, then changed to a 3.5 because they said we could revise our grades once. I gave the DD a 3.0, then changed to a 1.8 because that thing looks beat. Just goes to show that initial gut feelings are usually better than overthinking something like grading comics. I missed the 1st round so I'll hopefully catch up down the line.

However, I don't really understand the scoring. I think I should have more points.