• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JLU / Avengers 501 ... separated at birth?!?!

27 posts in this topic

So did anyone read the new "Justice League Unlimited" book that came out today?

Did EVERYONE read Avengers 501?

(SPOILERS AHEAD... though it IS a "kid's" book, and it IS a one-issue story... Avengers is certainly not and I would hate to ruin it for you.)

So Superman, Wonder Woman, and Captain Atom are all acting VERY strangely. Periodically, and completely at random, they are prone to insane fits of rage and violence. The kicker is, NO ONE CAN FIGURE OUT WHY!!! All the most powerful members of the JLU are stricken with some mysterious affliction, but no one knows what is going on... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Sound familiar?

As it turns out, they were being manipulated by nanotechnology from outer space brought here by Despero! Whew. That was a close one. Wrapped up in one issue, no less!

Is anyone else seeing the parallel between Avengers and this JLU book here? Can you imagine the panic in the Marvel offices if Bendis was taking his storyline in the exact same direction?

Did people get blown up or die in the Justice League book? I was hoping to see some Avengers get blown to [!@#%^&^] in #501 and my hopes were dashed frown.gif

27_laughing.gif Nooooo... it's the book based on the Cartoon Network show. I just picked it up because I'm never home on Saturday night when the show is on!

(After all, what good, respectable comic collector is?!?!) insane.gif

It's a fun little book, though! And for a *mere* $2.25, it's a steal!! In fact, I'm finding myself starting to drift toward books like that... the JLU, Simpsons, etc. They seem "truer" to the books that attracted me to comics in the first place.

I recommend it! thumbsup2.gif

toward books like that... the JLU, Simpsons, etc. They seem "truer" to the books that attracted me to comics in the first place.

I pick up the Simpsons every once and awile. It's pretty entertaining. thumbsup2.gif

***And if you like those, have you read Peter Porker: The Spectacular Spider-Ham? It's the story of a young pig trying to make his way in an insane world of greed, lies, sex, and betrayal. And more sex. I think there's a radioactive spider too. Brutally realistic and powerful. insane.gif (I have the entire run blush.gif)

toward books like that... the JLU, Simpsons, etc. They seem "truer" to the books that attracted me to comics in the first place.

I pick up the Simpsons every once and awile. It's pretty entertaining. thumbsup2.gif

"Greatest. Book. Ever."

They seem "truer" to the books that attracted me to comics in the first place.

I just read Millar's run on Superman Adventures in the two digests that just came out. I got a similar vibe from those.

Hmmm... I almost picked those up today! Are they worth the price? (Hell, what IS the price? 27_laughing.gif )

In the end all that was lost was Jack Of hearts and the 2nd string Ant-man. Sooo tragic...NOT. They will put the Vision back together (Bendis kind of alluded to this in mail page), wasp will heal, and She-Hulk will obviously be alright soon because she has her own monthly title. Not sure about the Ironman deal. I am sort of confused with where Bendis is going with all this stuff happening. I don't understand how Vision crashing into the mansion (maybe a little insensitive with regards to 9/11), Jack of Hearts exploding, and Ironman getting drunk (although he claims he wasn't) and acting the fool in the UN can be related. It should be interesting how he brings it all together in the coming issues.

In the end all that was lost was Jack Of hearts and the 2nd string Ant-man. Sooo tragic...NOT. They will put the Vision back together (Bendis kind of alluded to this in mail page), wasp will heal, and She-Hulk will obviously be alright soon because she has her own monthly title. Not sure about the Ironman deal. I am sort of confused with where Bendis is going with all this stuff happening. I don't understand how Vision crashing into the mansion (maybe a little insensitive with regards to 9/11), Jack of Hearts exploding, and Ironman getting drunk (although he claims he wasn't) and acting the fool in the UN can be related. It should be interesting how he brings it all together in the coming issues.

(That was the point of my original post... all these people acting "soooo strangely"... all explained away by the presence of nanotechnology. I really think this will be the next "clone"-type plot element.)

Again, I could (and probably will) still be proven very, very wrong. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

On the letters page, they show a preview cover and it says "Next Issue: One of these Avengers will die". The pic shows: Wasp, Giant Man, Hawkeye, and Scarlet Witch. shocked.gif

(Who knows how long they will stay 'dead').