• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JLU / Avengers 501 ... separated at birth?!?!

27 posts in this topic

Avengers 501 was lame. The characters went on their typical Bendis dialog where NONE of them sounded remotely like the characters over the last 40 years.

I liked 500, didn't like 501, but will get the rest of the story mostly because I'm enjoying the Finch artwork.

These "deaths" are meaningless. This is Marvel where (almost) nobody dies forever.

Avengers 501 was lame. The characters went on their typical Bendis dialog where NONE of them sounded remotely like the characters over the last 40 years.

No violent deaths or crazy action scenes plus the Olympic person_without_enough_empathyathalon in the middle make for a lame Avengers issue.

I liked 500, didn't like 501, but will get the rest of the story mostly because I'm enjoying the Finch artwork.

Finch has moved so far up in my estimation from his Top Cow days it's not even funny. I thought he was a tolerable artist in the TC "house" style way back when. Now? The guy kills me. So good...

These "deaths" are meaningless. This is Marvel where (almost) nobody dies forever.

All the more reason at least FIVE Avengers should die in novel ways in every issue! I have high hopes for death and destruction in the next one since the cast of characters will be so huge.

Finch has moved so far up in my estimation from his Top Cow days it's not even funny. I thought he was a tolerable artist in the TC "house" style way back when. Now? The guy kills me. So good...

It was his work on Tomb Raider and Aphrodite IX that made me remember him. Seeing his current work on the Ultimate Line and Avengers seems liks a natural progression of style development. He is improving but his old TC work was no slouch either.

It was his work on Tomb Raider and Aphrodite IX that made me remember him. Seeing his current work on the Ultimate Line and Avengers seems liks a natural progression of style development. He is improving but his old TC work was no slouch either.

That stuff was much later than what I'm talking about. Cyberforce was mid-90s.