• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hulk/Thing Hard Knocks?

16 posts in this topic

Kinda cool setup for the rest of the mini, but I would definitely recommend that artists draw title characters in a way that makes them more than vaguely recognizable. Overall, I can't say that I feel I got $3.50 worth of enjoyment out of that issue. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Is this your first time reading his stuff? He's a "love him" or "hate him" artist.

Yeah, don't remember seeing any of his stuff before. Don't hate it, just seems distracting - kind of like trying to drive by a 5-car pileup on the freeway confused-smiley-013.gif

Is this your first time reading his stuff? He's a "love him" or "hate him" artist.

Yeah, don't remember seeing any of his stuff before. Don't hate it, just seems distracting - kind of like trying to drive by a 5-car pileup on the freeway confused-smiley-013.gif

What's funny is I was disappointed with this book because it wasn't "distracting" enough. The stuff of his that I really enjoyed of his was pretty crazy. This book was more subdued, almost standard.

this was the series I first really took notice of his stuff in (he had done Namor before this I think and it had gone under my radar.)

586352-hellshock_v1_4.jpg

586352-hellshock_v1_4.jpg.8e81bf5dba6782cc7036a77af6c27cef.jpg

this was the series I first really took notice of his stuff in (he had done Namor before this I think and it had gone under my radar.)

His work on Namor was great, and at the time, a real antidote to all the big muscles and big guns artwork by the likes of Liefeld. The fact that his work was was not mainstream and had that dark and mysterious edge was refreshing, and if 'distracting' is what it's called these days, then I like to be distracted. grin.gif

What did you think?

I kind of like the story, but the artwork was so distracting to me I couldn't get into it much. I'm not too impressed with Jae Lee...

That was Jae Lee? 893whatthe.gif

I picked up a copy at my LCS ....flipped through it...and promptly returned it to the shelf. I have a bunch of his Namor issues and a couple Hellshock books...but I was never really into his art work. confused-smiley-013.gif

This was far worse than I expected it to be. While Lee´s art was tolerable early on in the Jenkins´ Inhumans maxi, I really grew to loathe it.

What was in this book.... ick!

I guess I be a hater... sorry.gif

Thanks,

Fan4Fan

Thing vs. Hulk is my all-time favorite hero/hero matchup, but the art and especially the cover price keep me from buying this one. I may trade someone for the issues later, but I'm not about to buy them off the shelf.

I bought it because of the Jae Lee artwork. I don't actively look for his stuff, but I liked what he did on the Morrison scripted Fantastic Four:1 2 3 4. I liked what I saw in the first issue of Hard Knocks, though the storyline seemd to suffer from that malady all too common in mini-series these days - stretching a 3 page set-up over an entire issue.

I can't even tell if the story is going someplace or if just going to be one massive Thing/Hulk fight sleeping.gif.