• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Question about an eBay seller...

34 posts in this topic

If you want to post a comment that is anything but a positive, use a negative, as that's what you're going to get back.

Why people use a neutral to post less-than glowing feedback is beyond me.

I disagree with this statement entirely. I think the neutral feedback is very applicable in many situations. As a seller you can use it for a buyer who takes over a month to pay.

As a buyer, you can use it for a seller that takes a month to ship. Or for terrible packaging on a valuable item, or for sending you the wrong item at first, or for inaccurately describing the item, but not enough to make it a negative. In my opinion the neutral is just as valid and useful as a negative. -----Sid

Only if you've already received feedback from that person. If not, you'd be foolish to leave a neutral.

contact eBay to try to get the feedback removed as a retalitory neg. you can respond to the neg with f-bombs and eBay will remove it. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

On what planet? I've got 2 negs and 1 neutral, all obviously retaliatory. I've tried contacting ebay but I figure I've got a greater chance of being on the next moonshot than seeing anything get removed. Maybe if I was a platinum powerseller....

contact eBay to try to get the feedback removed as a retaliatory neg. you can respond to the neg with f-bombs and eBay will remove it. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

On what planet? I've got 2 negs and 1 neutral, all obviously retaliatory. I've tried contacting ebay but I figure I've got a greater chance of being on the next moonshot than seeing anything get removed. Maybe if I was a platinum powerseller....

..E-bay doesn't give a rat's arse,..they are not going to take out neg's for retaliatory feedback....

E-bay doesn't give a rat's arse,..they are not going to take out neg's for retaliatory feedback....

They will if you respond to the neg with abusive, foul language. Not the ideal solution, but I've heard it works.893scratchchin-thumb.gif

This was discussed on another thread. Apparently they will remove the response, but leave the negative.

This does make sense. If every scammer could remove every negative just by replying you, there would be no point in ever leaving a negative.

E-bay doesn't give a rat's arse,..they are not going to take out neg's for retaliatory feedback....

They will if you respond to the neg with abusive, foul language. Not the ideal solution, but I've heard it works.893scratchchin-thumb.gif

This was discussed on another thread. Apparently they will remove the response, but leave the negative.

This does make sense. If every scammer could remove every negative just by replying you, there would be no point in ever leaving a negative.

I agree.

I agree.

That! 27_laughing.gif

twinfight.jpg

Agreed wholeheartedly. I did not want to neg the guy because I was not entirely dissatisfied. However, I attempted to e-mail him about the issue I did have, but he did not answer. In the end, I felt like the only recourse I had to get some resolution was to leave less than positive feedback.

Well, I don't disagree with the philosophy of what you are saying, but I think it is really an a**hole move to reply to a neutral feedback with a flaming negative. mad.gif

Agreed, but we all know EBay is chock full of a**holes. confused-smiley-013.gif

Most forum members are Ebay members too so yes your statement is true. foreheadslap.gif

Why do you even bother posting here if that is what you think? 893naughty-thumb.gif

Why did you even bother posting only to prove my point? boo.gif

Because some of us are getting sick of your constant negativity and trolling. If that is all you are here for, then maybe it's time for you to go. 893naughty-thumb.gif

Blow me. It's nice to know you speak for "some of us". Just who are they??? RS & Bubbles? 893naughty-thumb.gif

Hey thanks! I actually have been a board member for a while, but rarely posted. I ended up forgetting my password and it had been so long, they started my account from scratch. sleeping.gif

Welcome Back Again. I am surprised you would get a neg to your posting as well. Big dealer or not, he should have responded to your email query if he desired your business. I may have to remove Showcase from my bookmarks. Thanks for the posting.

Ok, so I get a shipment of books from Showcase New England that is advertised 9.4/9.6. Some of the books are less than 9.4 in my opinion. I e-mailed Dan saying just this. Don't hear from him. Finally, against my better judgement, I decide to post neutral feedback: "good grading overall, but some books less than 9.4". He posts a negative feedback to me stating "substitutes personal opinion as fact. lacks online maturity. avoid!!!"

WTF???? Who lacks maturity here? Did I do something wrong? mad.gif

So What! I have a few negs for the same reason. I pissed some people off by complaing they stink at grading. I pissed of a guy at work today. He hates my guts right now. I could really care less. You can't please everyone all the time.

Look at some of the feedback that known ebay scam artists recieve? We all know who they are, yet they still sell books on ebay. People still send them money knowing that others got ripped off. Most people do really care about a few negative remarks, it's part of business.

As far as his neg on you, people won't really care about it. You paid, you were unhappy, he avoided your email, it happens. You could/should have called him first? You have 3 months to leave a neg. Some people wait until the last possible minute to post one. That way the other person cannot leave one for you, time would have run out. Is it still 90 days to leave feedback?

Either way it's all in the past now.

Move on, build a bridge and get over it.

Well, I don't disagree with the philosophy of what you are saying, but I think it is really an a**hole move to reply to a neutral feedback with a flaming negative. mad.gif

Agreed, but we all know EBay is chock full of a**holes. confused-smiley-013.gif

Most forum members are Ebay members too so yes your statement is true. foreheadslap.gif

Why do you even bother posting here if that is what you think? 893naughty-thumb.gif

Why did you even bother posting only to prove my point? boo.gif

" I know I am but what are you"

pee wee herman