• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

April sales are out

354 posts in this topic

how are we to learn if the offending post is not known?

How about using some common sense and simply refrain from posting that someone should come see you at a particular show, with the implication that fisticuffs will be involved? :shrug:

I was reading the thread till posts started to get yanked - CBT got a strike for the type of post that gets you a strike every single time.

QFT

-slym

How about using some common sense and simply refrain from posting that someone should come see you at a particular show, with the implication that fisticuffs will be involved? :shrug:

THEM'S FIGHTIN' WORDS!!! :wink:

tumblr_lsvx9tdqPU1qztjn5o1_500.jpg

how are we to learn if the offending post is not known?

I was reading the thread till posts started to get yanked - CBT got a strike for the type of post that gets you a strike every single time.

Hey Mike- I'll be tracking you down at the next show...

Because I owe you money...

I think the whole thing was dumb and over-sensitive. But, I remember the days of dudes saying, "meet me in the hallway after class" which was never fun. That was before I learned Ninja-Chuck Weapon Advance Uber Skill Training from a guy named Qui Jinn.

That was a fast strike. Nice to have connections.

YUP

Nothing wrong with the graphs. They are just simple graphs to show relation. Appreciate the effort. Dont know why all the grief for something so easy understand.

Thanks brother, glad some people get it and appreciate the info.

why a strike?

Let me tell you the tale of Mr. X and Mr. Y.

Mr.X made multiple sexually derogatory comments to Mr.Y. Mr.Y then told Mr.X that his bullying was only occuring because they were communicating online.

Mr.Y then told Mr. X to 'say it to him in person', implying that his behaviour in person would not be the same as online.

Mr.Y was then banned for a week because a moderate decided that said comment "implied" a threat. However, the implication was that Mr.X's behaviour would be different and no threat was made.

Not only did Mr. Y NOT threaten anyone, he even made a post stating that he was not threatening anyone, and that he welcomed a moderator to review everything that was said.

Mr. Y's posts were removed, INCLUDING the one where he explicitly said he was not threatening anyone. The sexually derogatory remarks remain...

why a strike?

THREAT!!!

Nope, "implied threat", because i didnt actually threaten anyone, and even stated so. A mod's opinion was that it was a threat, and a ban given with no warning, or communication and my post saying that i wasnt threatening anyone was scrubbed to boot.

Thanks. It seems a little harsh. I guess I somehow missed the threat.

Yup, and there was no threat, only an accusation of an "implied threat". It was deleted, along with me saying it wasnt a threat, which was also deleted.

The implication was that someone was acting one way online, and would not do the same in person.

Just read all this.. Didn't see a threat. Was it deleted?

I did see someone soliciting oral though.

it was a claim of "implied" threat, and it was deleted. Also deleted was my post were i said specifically that I WASNT threatening anyone.

You are right about the other, which remains a week later, still dont understand why it was not moderated and no action taken.

Yeah, it was removed. It was the usual "come & see me in person at show X" sort of thing.

I chose my words very specifically, and while somewhat similar, those are not them.

As soon as I was banned, i continued my discussion elsewhere with some members. I pointed out several things

about moderation on the CGC forum. I have been a high post count user on many boards, I have also been a moderator on several, and have run quite a few as well.

Almost 100% of the time, moderators are long term, high-post members, who are asked to help out and moderate. They do so under their regular accounts, and are identifiable as moderators by their "roles".

In the case of CGC, their moderators are "numbered" anonymous accounts. cgcmod0, cgcmod1 etc etc.

During this continued discussion I pointed out, that the only REASON to have numbered moderator accounts is because they are shared. The mods of this board will be long-term, high post count members. They will be given access to the mod accounts via shared passwords, when they need to moderate they sign in, do their thing, and then sign back in to their regular account.

Right after that you made the post I just quoted, having never said anything in the thread previously, referencing something that was deleted almost immediately.

and your stats are:

So, it's not much of a stretch to point out, its very likely YOU ARE THE MOD who banned me.

That's fine, and I am not mad at you or about it. I understand you are just doing the job asked of you. However, two things I do think are worth mentioning:

From the rules, not allowed behaviour, first two:

-Physical threats

-Excessively graphic sexual references and/or images, particularly when used in an insulting manner toward other members, but also in general "

A physical threat would be things like "I am coming to where you are", or "if you show up here this will happen to you", or even, "say it to my face and the following will happen". Those would all be threats or implied threats, but what I said WAS actually implying a person using the internet as a shield behind which to bully, and that in person they wouldnt act or say those things.

Obviously, the moderate has the discretion to act on their own opinion, but then there is the second thing on that list.

You didnt moderate any of the sexually derogatory comments, and even left them in the thread, and allowed people to make memes about it. There was no question what was said, and no action was taken at all. At the very LEAST, it should have been a double strike for both people, (though I still object to the supposed implication of my comment). Minors are allowed to visit these boards, and I dont see how such clearly in violation behaviour is allowed to go without moderation of any kind. Such things appear to show personal bias, I am not saying there is personal bias, but it certainly makes it LOOK that way.

Lastly, from the rules as well:

We will from time to time handle board members in violation of the general rules of conduct through a process that includes warnings and some acknowledgement of their overall contribution to the boards rather than quick and heavy banning.

Given that I have no history of strikes, SPECIFICALLY WROTE that i was not threatening anyone, and the supposed threat was "implied" (ie in the mods opinion), I certainly think there should have been communication, a warning, a request to remove the objectionable post, etc, instead of an anonymous 1 week ban with no communication.

I also know that when mods "delete" posts, the post is still there, just permissions are changed. I have the post number of my post which states openly "i am not threatening anyone, I welcome a mod to come and review all that was said". If possible, I'd like to get this strike removed from my name/account. Is there any form of arbitration I can request, I would like to straighten it out and "clear my name".

Cheers

Aw, man... I didn't want that!

I was actually having fun... it's not often that I get to argue charts with other charty-type people.

Yes, I know rules-are-rules, but if it is possible, I'd like to bring him back.

If nerds can't fight about nerdy stuff online... we have no outlet!

I know it's not worth much now... but...

I'M SORRY CBT!

I read this at the time you posted it. I actually had a very good streak of ending all the outstanding beefs I had on the board with people in the couple of weeks prior to this. I appreciate the apology, and I am happy to move forward drama free. To that end, while staying on the subject prior to the week's interruption. I know sites like yours, MyComicShop.com, and several other have access to the Census Database. Does CGC have an API for their Database, or is it just raw access? Who moderates access to this at CGC? I'd be interested in making some tools to work with the Data and am curious who to speak to about such endeavours. Cheers.

So, while on vacation, I made a new table instead of a chart. If people want any other publishers, etc, or any month, let me know.

This is march to april, Image print runs, excluding books with only 1 issue released in that time frame, enjoy

http://www.comicbooktrends.com/css/forumsqltable.css'>

Bedlam 5 13700 6 12610 2 -8%
Chew 32 12670 33 12960 2 2.3%
Clone 5 8080 6 7460 2 -7.7%
Darkness 111 4870 112 4730 2 -2.9%
East of West 1 49520 2 41840 2 -15.6%
Five Ghosts Haunting of Fabian Gray 1 13160 2 13130 2 -0.3%
Five Weapons 2 6200 3 5660 2 -8.8%
Great Pacific 5 6710 6 6330 2 -5.7%
Invincible 101 15540 102 15250 2 -1.9%
Lost Vegas 1 15270 2 10610 2 -30.6%
Manhattan Projects 10 17030 11 17520 2 2.9%
Mara 3 10570 4 9600 2 -9.2%
Mind The Gap 8 8250 9 8070 2 -2.2%
Morning Glories 25 8300 26 20920 2 152.1%
Revival 8 17080 9 16980 2 -0.6%
Saga 11 50020 12 53340 2 6.7%
Sex 1 23630 2 21340 2 -9.7%
Snapshot 2 10740 3 9310 2 -13.4%
Spawn 229 16360 230 15990 2 -2.3%
Todd The Ugliest Kid On Earth 3 7140 4 7110 2 -0.5%
Walking Dead 108 67420 109 90360 2 34.1%
Witch Doctor Malpractice 5 5480 6 5440 2 -0.8%
Witchblade 164 7670 165 7260 2 -5.4%

Yeah, it was removed. It was the usual "come & see me in person at show X" sort of thing.

I chose my words very specifically, and while somewhat similar, those are not them.

As soon as I was banned, i continued my discussion elsewhere with some members. I pointed out several things

about moderation on the CGC forum. I have been a high post count user on many boards, I have also been a moderator on several, and have run quite a few as well.

Almost 100% of the time, moderators are long term, high-post members, who are asked to help out and moderate. They do so under their regular accounts, and are identifiable as moderators by their "roles".

In the case of CGC, their moderators are "numbered" anonymous accounts. cgcmod0, cgcmod1 etc etc.

During this continued discussion I pointed out, that the only REASON to have numbered moderator accounts is because they are shared. The mods of this board will be long-term, high post count members. They will be given access to the mod accounts via shared passwords, when they need to moderate they sign in, do their thing, and then sign back in to their regular account.

Right after that you made the post I just quoted, having never said anything in the thread previously, referencing something that was deleted almost immediately.

and your stats are:

So, it's not much of a stretch to point out, its very likely YOU ARE THE MOD who banned me.

???

So just because I actually managed to read what you posted prior to your strike - which, considering how much time I spend in the modern forum, isn't really that unusual - I'm suddenly responsible for banning you? Dude, it was patently obvious to anyone reading that thread that the mods were going to step in and that you were going to get a vacation.

Pretty standard strike. I knew it was coming as soon as I read it.

I blame Ryan. RYAN, YOU ARE THE MOD WHO BANNED CBT :ohnoez:

???

So just because I actually managed to read what you posted prior to your strike - which, considering how much time I spend in the modern forum, isn't really that unusual - I'm suddenly responsible for banning you? Dude, it was patently obvious to anyone reading that thread that the mods were going to step in and that you were going to get a vacation.

I said very likely, if its not you, ok. That had far more to do with a high-post count, long term member appearing knowing what was said in a deleted post, and had posted nothing previously in the thread

. I made the same comments in reply to the anonymous mod accounts PM regarding the strike. I also said I wasnt mad about it either, I know the mod is just trying to do their role. I just want clarifications and a means of communication.

As for Ryan, he wouldnt ban me, he needs me around to buy his Fatale 10.0s when he gets bored of them. :grin:

I knew what was said in your deleted post because I read it prior to it being deleted - that's all. It's not like it disappeared immediately :shrug:

Anyway ... if I had the power to ban people, trust me, you wouldn't even make my top 10 list of people to go after :gossip:

I knew what was said in your deleted post because I read it prior to it being deleted - that's all. It's not like it disappeared immediately :shrug:

Anyway ... if I had the power to ban people, trust me, you wouldn't even make my top 10 list of people to go after :gossip:

lol

and your stats are:

???

They would never let me be a mod. I'd use my powers for evil.

Nice Table, CBT.

What happened in MG #26? That is a huge spike!

It's the first issue of the second season of MG - it was priced at $1.00 to try to lure new readers, so it's safe to say that stores ordered a lot more copies than normal.

Issue #27 is back to $3.99, so the number should drop significantly for that issue.

Nice Table, CBT.

What happened in MG #26? That is a huge spike!

thanks, the questions already been answered, and i was actually wondering it myself but hadnt looked it up yet. Generally, any time there is a big bump like that, it will because of some special event/circumstance.