• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Automatic set creation

6 posts in this topic

Is there a way that CGC could automate the registry a little bit?

When a book is graded why can't it be automatically added to the registry instead of having to be requested and then manually added by Gemma?

For example...... I have a complete Nowhere Men set but can't add it.

It seems like it would be a matter of basing the registry on the census data

I dont see why? All that is needed to create a set is the basic information for the comic/series.

All of that is either input into the census (in the case of the first book in a series being graded) during the grading process.

On some level the census and registry are already connected because it allows you to input the certification number and it validates it as eligible for a set. All I am talking about is using the census data as an index for the registry instead of just using a database connector as it seems they do now

And at the end of the day it would ultimately save the workers at CGC time since they wouldnt have to worry about manually updating the registry.

Also it would speed things up for the collector as well and actually turn the registry into something that would be used more widely as an inventory tool for peoples slabbed books.

I for one would much rather have all my info in my CGC Registry, instead I have to resort to using something like Myslabbedcomics to keep track of things

And this isnt just an issue for new books like Nowhere Men (which still doesnt have a set), but for older books as well. My first issue of Concrete is still a registry orphan!

The census and registry very likely share the same database for individual comics but how do you create a set from the census data?

When a new entry is created in the census, and by that I mean, when a new series, issue or variant is entered, it could automatically create a set based upon the census data.

You obviously wouldnt want it to create a new set with every single comic graded, but rather based on new group metadata