• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Happy ending

27 posts in this topic

No, not that kind sickos!

As some of you know from my posts before my strike, my family has a horrible time with our dogs. My 12 year old Pom died unexpectedly and then the puppy we bought as a replacement got sick and died from Parvovirus. The day i got my strike, i came home from work and my 1 year old Poms cage was filled with puke. I rushed her to the emergency vet and she tested positive for Parvo. Her white blood cell count was so low, they told me they didnt think she would make it and i should euthanize her :o

After what my kids had been thru with the other 2 dogs, i didnt care if i had to sell everything i owned to pay whatever it took to keep this dog alive. Thank god, the next morning she had made a miraculous recovery as her vaccination and immune system apparently kicked in and killed off the Parvo virus. Now, shes perfectly healthy and happy again.

Last Saturday, we picked up the replacement puppy for the one that died. She is the smallest, cutest, sweetest little thing i have ever seen! My daughter is still pretty devastated over the other 2 dogs passing but she LOVES this dog and carries it around every waking moment she isnt at school or gymnastics. Still hurts remembering the other dogs but the new puppy has definitely eased the pain.

Heres the new puppy

minnie1_zps7e52e868.jpg

minnie3_zpsa87f4568.jpg

minnie2_zps8f2fc571.jpg

Glad to hear she made it. Sorry to hear about the other dog. We had to euthanize one of our dogs two weeks ago. It sucked. But she was nearly 17 years old and we always treated her nicely, so she had a great life.

Your new dog reminds me of our current dog. Barely big enough to rightly be called a dog lol but cute as heck.

Hope you guys have a long future together.

Glad to hear she made it. Sorry to hear about the other dog. We had to euthanize one of our dogs two weeks ago. It sucked. But she was nearly 17 years old and we always treated her nicely, so she had a great life.

Your new dog reminds me of our current dog. Barely big enough to rightly be called a dog lol but cute as heck.

Hope you guys have a long future together.

Yeah, she's almost 3 months old now and only 1 pound 1oz! Freaking tiny, she looks like a toy.

I've officially become Paris Hilton now though. I take this dog with me EVERYWHERE. I even took her to traffic court last week. After what i went thru with the other dogs, i'm never letting this freaking thing out of my sight :luhv:

Suck it, dog loving loser

Wow Greggy, wake up on the wrong side of the basement beanbag???

:whistle:

Thats his way of saying "i love me some sufunk" :gossip:

Oh and on a related note, I saw Iron Man 3 during my "vacation" and man did it SUCK!!! :sick:

Thanks all!

That night i got my strike when i took our 1 year old Pom to the emergency vet was one of the worst nights of my life. One of our good friends is a vet and i called her on the way to the emergency vet and she told me no possible way this dog could have gotten Parvo based on her Vaccine records. She literally told me not to waste the money and just go home.

When the emergency vet came back in and told me she tested positive for Parvo and her white blood cell count was VERY low and she would likely die, i cant even describe what was going on in my head. That would have been 3 Poms dying in 6 days. I've never had a panic/anxiety attack before but i definitely did sitting in that waiting room waiting for them to come back with a treatment plan and take the dog. My wife was freaking out as bad as me so i called my business partner and thank god she talked me down off the ledge or no joke i think i would have had a nervous breakdown i was so upset. If i see another vets office in the next 10 years it'll be too soon!