• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ebay manipulates best match

47 posts in this topic

ebay Canada on a CH336-67001 search showed your ---- HP Designjet 500 GL\2 Card Formatter C7772A CH336-67001 New Factory Sealed --- as a international seller at bottom of page

on a C7772A search it showed just that listing only

Hope that helps :). . .

(thumbs u

I did the searches today from Cleveland. Today Ebay gave me the newest search page (the one that allows items for sale, items sold, and items ended)

for C7772A yours is second on the list and for CH336-67001 yours is third on the list

(thumbs u

One person could test this all on his end just by going to the eBay website over and over from proxy servers located throughout the country or even the world to see how screwed up eBay really is. :)
(thumbs u

I've started using Tor Onion. It creates anonymous IP address and uses a simple browser.

The new Cassini search engine is the reason for the general slow down in sales. Came out Apr 1. and will be in full force by the end of the year.

"Sell-Through Rates Affect Your Search Ranking

"It's going to look at the percentage of chances that this item will generate money," explained Compagnon, who reminds us in the beginning of the video that eBay is in the business to make money (in case we had forgotten). But so are we as sellers. The video is titled "cassini - what a seller can do from ebay's point of view," and although we as sellers may not always want to think of things from eBay's point of view, that's the reality we live in." Auctionbytes

If you had a good STR you will stay in search. If you didn`t, you are buried.

I did a search yesterday and your auctions showed up. I am not sure if this will help but I have noticed some strangeness with the search engine. It is mainly when I search for a book. I start the search without selecting a category. Then if I cannot find it in my price range I will some times do a google shopping. It tends to find a bunch on ebay that didn't show up during ebay's search. I think it is maybe a kink in the way the auctions were uploaded.

So, it should be "Best Match™" since it doesn't always give you the things that best match your search criteria.

Still seems like eBay is only hurting themselves to me. But what do I know, I'm an umemployed, non-college-educated hick from NC.

-slym

So a State fan?

Your Best MatchTM is my foot and your balsac.

Heh. ™ = alt-0153, at least on a PC. Macs I know nothing about.

;)

-slym

Option + 2 on a mac = ™

:hi: