• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Unofficial Official Modern Comics Crash Thread

13 posts in this topic

Variant, sketch, foil covers. $2.99, $3.50, $4.99 price tags. Rehashed storylines and the return of Rob Liefeld. Deja vu?

1) What year do you think the comic industry will start to slide losing readers/collectors/speculators?

2) What year do you think the comic industry will bottom out?

3) What year do you think comics will resurface and what will be the most significant change to the genre?

CRC

My thoughts..

1) 2008, movie hype dies down, too many titles, too high prices.

2) 2010, industry revaluates itself and...

3) 2012, with the most significant change being the TPB and GN overwhelming the comic book and sending it into oblivion.

Variant, sketch, foil covers. $2.99, $3.50, $4.99 price tags. Rehashed storylines and the return of Rob Liefeld. Deja vu?

1) What year do you think the comic industry will start to slide losing readers/collectors/speculators?

2) What year do you think the comic industry will bottom out?

3) What year do you think comics will resurface and what will be the most significant change to the genre?

CRC

My thoughts..

1) 2008, movie hype dies down, too many titles, too high prices.

2) 2010, industry revaluates itself and...

3) 2012, with the most significant change being the TPB and GN overwhelming the comic book and sending it into oblivion.

How about just a MARVEL crash thread? DC seems to be getting their act together... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I'm already a casualty. I lived through this madness and fortuneatly did not get sucked into buying up variants back in the mid-90's and this time....I won't be buying ANY comics.

Better value buying back-issues anyway. (if you like to read, and your not worried about "investing" in the next big one.)