• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Did this Heritage-sold VG Strange Tales 110 get better on eBay?

11 posts in this topic

Came across this, not knowing if anyone else noticed, but I thought I'd share. On February 10, Heritage sold a raw Strange Tales 110 that it listed as a VG for around $500. That same VG book is now selling on eBay as, at least to my untrained eye, something that looks a heckuva lot better. To me, it looks like a FN, possibly because of a press and brighter lighting. (Note: The eBay seller does not list what he believes to be the book's condition.)

I wanted to know what you guys thought. Something done to this book to make it look better? Does it look like nothing at all was done to it with only the lighting in the ebay photo making the book look better than it actually is?

Btw, the eBay auction is going strong with the top bid standing at $1000 as of Thursday night. The auction ends Sunday night.

Heritage's VG (http://comics.ha.com/c/item.zx?saleNo=121306&lotNo=13391#Photo):

ST110HAVG_zpsf5dd6f67.jpg

eBay's (http://www.ebay.com/itm/Strange-Tales-110-MARVEL-1963-HIGHER-GRADE-1st-App-Dr-Strange-Human-Torch-/350788372322?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item51ac9dc762):

ST110EBAY_zps5662a141.jpg

Yes, it's the same book.

Looks like a press and maybe scanner adjustments, photo editing to make the edge tanning shadows lighter.

And it appears the hot press caused some more damage to the area the sticker was removed from. The heated glue residue must have stuck to the release paper. lol

That book has been "Wilson-ized". :facepalm:

The same people (collectors_comics) behind the infamous spine realignment therapy applied to the pedigree Avengers 1.

:facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm:

That book has been "Wilson-ized". :facepalm:

The same people (collectors_comics) behind the infamous spine realignment therapy applied to the pedigree Avengers 1.

:facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm:

Holy Moly!

Now that you mention it, the spine has been shifted on this book ever so slightly!

Notice you can see a little black above the top staple next to the logo and price blue box and on the newer scan you can't!