• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dave Stevens Covers removal request

18 posts in this topic

Gemma,

If there are no objections can you please remover Who's Who #4, 7 and 18 from the Dave Stevens Covers Registry set.

Dave did not do the covers on any of those books. Unless I'm missing a back cover, all he did was interior art and should not be included in this set.

Thanks in advance

Paul

+3

but only if DHP #100 is added back to the registry. If the sweet Madman #4 cover is included the so should the DHP #100...both back covers.

And dump all of those IDW books!

+3

but only if DHP #100 is added back to the registry. If the sweet Madman #4 cover is included the so should the DHP #100...both back covers.

^^

+3

She didn't say DHP #100-- couldn't be in the set. She said all 5 Variants must be graded before it could go on. I'm not sure why. Do all 5 have the Stevens Back Cover?

• Administrator

If anyone has a DHP #100 that is graded and still labeled as Multiple Covers Exist you are welcome to send it in for relabeling at no charge so that we can update the census and registry.

If anyone has a DHP #100 that is graded and still labeled as Multiple Covers Exist you are welcome to send it in for relabeling at no charge so that we can update the census and registry.

Gemma,

What does this mean? Is DHP #100 going to be put in the Dave Steven's Covers registry?

I have one like the one you describe above. Can I add it as is, or do I need to send it back to you 1st?

Paul

• Administrator

To Clarify -

If the book is not labeled as #100-0, #100-1, #100-2, #100-3, #100-4 or #100-5, then it is mislabeled. Until all the above have been graded or relabeled I can't add the Dave Stevens variant to the registry as it is not labeled separately. We will correct any books labeled #100 to the above issues at no charge.

If they are actual Dave Stevens Covers, I don't see why they can't be included. Someone hinted at wanting them off. what was the reason?

I was one of the ones who made a passing comment that they should be dumped. I shared this via PM with fasterfriends...I don't have much appreciation for the postumous, re-colored, re-worked DS "tribute" covers. To me, it's like IDW reprinting a Famous Funnies #210 cover on a new book and calling it a Frank Frazetta cover...then adding it to the Frank Frazetta Covers set...that doesn't work for me. The IDW books are great, but if it were my choice I'd include both front and BACK cover books and leave the registry to originals only.

My 2c