• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fantastic Four #1 - # 600 My run is done!

112 posts in this topic

Up next is #4. I actuall lucked out a bit getting this book. It was purchased at Wizard in 2011. I had just walked into the con and hit Greg Reece's booth and inquired about a number four. He said he did not have one.

I thought I would do a quick search around the con but there was nothing in the price range and grade I could bear. About 45 minutes had passed and I went back to Greg's booth and there was this F.F. #4 on his wall.

I asked him "where did this come from"? He said he just bought a collection a few minutes ago and the #4 was in there.

After some tough negotiations ( about 1 minute ) the deal was done. I also hit him up for some nice Black Cat's he had hiding under a table. So thanks is in order to Greg Reece.

wizardthursday006.jpg

What issue number is the Black Cat with the pumpkin. I want that book.

Great accomplishment. Sit back and enjoy. I once had a full run of FF, except for the #1. I guess, for me, the thrill was in the hunt and I sold nearly everything off. Now I have a #1 but not much else. My advice, keep the run, upgrade a little to keep the passion going. Congrats !!!

The first person I want to credit is Dennis from Fantasy Comics in New York. When you order off his site you're going to get what you paid for.

If you order 20 NM books, you'll get twenty NM books. No sliders or a few that are bent to fudge. I filled in a lot of the upper numbers from them. Every book was as described, and most were 9.4 or better.

I filled in a lot of the higher numbers over the last few years from them as they became available. Shipping is quick, and he also answers the phone. :golfclap:

I agree with you about Dennis. I have ordered from him a few times and his grading is very accurate.

Congratulations on completing the run. The only run I've managed to complete is Man-Bat.

Great accomplishment. Sit back and enjoy. I once had a full run of FF, except for the #1. I guess, for me, the thrill was in the hunt and I sold nearly everything off. Now I have a #1 but not much else. My advice, keep the run, upgrade a little to keep the passion going. Congrats !!!

Thanks Bob, I do plan on upgrading some of the issues from time to time. This run took too many decades for me to finish. It will be broken up after I take residence below ground. lol

:banana:

Just put the final books away to complete this run with the March 2015 issue. I have them all ( #1 - #642 ) up to current, minus all the B.S. variants.

I do need some of the Annuals though, so that's next. Mr. Bedrock helped me with a bunch of the later numbers and Lone Star Comics filled in a few of the other holes.

This book has been rebooted and renumbered so many times I lost count, but with the newest issue I picked up yesterday, its back to the original numbering with #642.

My comic shop guy tells me there's another Secret Wars series coming later in the year, and all of the titles are going to start again. doh!

I know they say F.F. is being canceled soon, but when will another #1 hit the stands. I'm numb.

fantastic%20four%201%20complete%20series%20001.jpg

ffpictures5-10-13001.jpg

ffpictures5-10-13002.jpg

I have also upgraded about 20 issues under #100 to CGC - 9.0 or better so far. I will be having an under copy sale when I have the time. I'd like to try and upgrade most of the lower run if possible.

Congrats :applause:

Great dedication and a superb accomplishment for THE greatest comic book title in terms of scope, significance, and consistent quality spanning almost 60 years

Well done