• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Removing white-out from Golden Age Art

8 posts in this topic

i just notice who ever own this strip before had the white-out remove from the flamingo daily. how is this done?

pix before was Auctioned on HA. signed M.B strip num#132 has white-out, 1 panel has white out left side of flamingo hair, last panel has white-out too.

Flamingo132MattBaker_zpscb137d89.jpg

pix after auctioned last year on HA. Matt Baker signature readable,(7-11) strip#132 shows, 1&2 panel no more white-out.

flaming0132_zps89db2a4e.jpg

Both photos you show have whiteout on the art. It's just that the contrast was adjusted to not make it as visible. On your question whiteout can be easily removed by a paper conservationist. But it is put on by the artist to cover up something. Thus you may uncover something the artist was unhappy with and thus changing the art.

On this particular art, looks the white out cover part of the artist signature and now u can see a different dated 7-11 which was not visible previously. The correct date is 6-30. Also panels are cleaner now with out the white out.

thanks for the reply.

i guess my question was how this was done, removing white out with out damaging the paper. i guess proffesional work. hm

Depends on whether its the matte finish whiteout (solvent) or the shiny finish whiteout (scrape off). In either case, the ink underneath might need touching up, and for all of that you definitely want to go pro.