• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Best Books for a Buck!

29 posts in this topic

[*]Byrne's Fantastic Four

[*]The Question

[*]Simonson's Thor (VF)

[*]Priest's Black Panther (has 1 issue thats $20 [Deadpool crossover]

[*]Gotham Central

[*]Batman Adventures

Love all of these.

I also love Alien Legion, which is quarter box fodder here.

I've been able to dig up the occasional 25 cent Keown/David Hulk, Strange Tales (Vol. 2), and the later, reprint issues of Sgt. Fury (to name just a few).

Sandman Mystery Theater

This. I discovered this series in a quarter box, got a huge run of it. It quickly became my favorite series of all time.

I also recently found a full run of Kurt Busiek's Astro City, both volumes 1 and 2, in a 50 cent box. And I got most of James Robinson's Leave It to Chance in a 50 cent box recently as well.

Another vote for Astro City! One of the best comics ever published.

Grim Jack, Scout, Airboy, Badger, American Flagg, Dreadstar, Slash Maraud, Six From Sirius, Nexus, Jon Sable, Freelance, Twilight Avenger, Miracle Squad, Total Eclipse, Zot!, Detectives, Inc., Alien Worlds, Alien Terror, Asylum, Alien Encounters, Mr. Monster, Megaton Man...

All good reads, all can be found in the steep discount boxes...

+1

Lots of great stuff from 80s Epic, Pacific, First, Eclipse. (thumbs u

The box I had out at my neighbourhood flea market was at least 80% mutant-related titles, with a little DC/Wildstorm (Sleeper vol.2 sold in one shot) and VALIANT mixed in.

Poor attendance really hurt everyone, but due to circumstances I won't get into, everyone only had a weeks' notice to reserve spaces and to get any advertising out.

-slym

Loeb :sick:

I've found some of his mini's with tim sale in dollar bins too. I think a couple issues of Long Halloween, Spiderman Blue, etc.

He's far from my favorite writer, but I prefer him over some other modern writers (I'm looking at you Judd "Real World" Winick).