• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

newmutants98.com

112 posts in this topic

I also remember all the TMNT copycats:

Geriatric Gangrene Jujitsu Gerbils

Hamster Vice

Adolescent Radioactive Black Belt Hamsters

then all the japanese comics:

area 88

kamui

Nausicaa

Man I wasted a lot of money!!!!

I still have my copies of these.... I still enjoy reading them.

Something about Kung-fu kangaroos? Prime slime tales, Eagle, bean world, ex-mutants, and the future of comic books.. The dot matrix... SHATTER! Just some of my allowance killers. That, and dumping a VF/NM copy of hulk 181, for a shiny new copy of Fish police #1, straight from the display case. I was the envy of my friends for weeks. Ahhh. The good old days.

What Deadpool needs is an A-grade writer to take the character to a new level.

Keep everything that makes Deadpool Deadpool but write something classic/memorable/epic.

Anyone you can think of that would nail it?

What Deadpool needs is an A-grade writer to take the character to a new level.

Keep everything that makes Deadpool Deadpool but write something classic/memorable/epic.

Anyone you can think of that would nail it?

You've put me on the spot there! I can't really think of an individual, but a cross between Joe Kelly, Mark Waid and Garth Ennis.

Something about Kung-fu kangaroos? Prime slime tales, Eagle, bean world, ex-mutants, and the future of comic books.. The dot matrix... SHATTER! Just some of my allowance killers. That, and dumping a VF/NM copy of hulk 181, for a shiny new copy of Fish police #1, straight from the display case. I was the envy of my friends for weeks. Ahhh. The good old days.

wow Hulk 181=Fish Police 1 OUCH

Bill, I would suppress that memory

wow Hulk 181=Fish Police 1 OUCH

Bill, I would suppress that memory

oh and that was Pre-Teen Dirty-Gene Kung-Fu Kangaroos I heard there is a movie coming :)

dead pool is as popular as wolverine.. He's probably will surpass him sooner or later...

I completely disagree with this on both fronts.

Wolverine is probably the 4th most popular superhero world wide deadpool isn't even in the conversation. Ask a non comic person who wolverine is and I bet 7/10 know, deadpool maybe 2/10. Wolverine has years of long running titles and ages of stories. I barely know who deapool is and I am in the business and was reading books when he first came out, I know very little about the character but know plenty of wolverine. Marvel keeps pushing wolverine and has since the first xmen movie, not sure much with deadpool and his little cameo's.

I guess everyone is looking at X Factor 6 and not 5 hu? seems a little like hulk 180 and 181, where 180 is now picking up a lot of steam as people realize its a key too.

James G

dead pool is as popular as wolverine.. He's probably will surpass him sooner or later...

Wolverine is probably the 4th most popular superhero world wide deadpool isn't even in the conversation. Ask a non comic person who wolverine is and I bet 7/10 know, deadpool maybe 2/10. Wolverine has years of long running titles and ages of stories. I barely know who deapool is and I am in the business and was reading books when he first came out, I know very little about the character but know plenty of wolverine. Marvel keeps pushing wolverine and has since the first xmen movie, not sure much with deadpool and his little cameo's.

I guess everyone is looking at X Factor 6 and not 5 hu? seems a little like hulk 180 and 181, where 180 is now picking up a lot of steam as people realize its a key too.

James G

James G

Wolverine and Deadpool are definitely not on same footing but Deadpool is the most relevant character put out by Marvel since Wolverine. Deadpool fans are outnumbered but lets be real Wolvie has 15 years on Deadpool and has media backing through cartoons, spinoffs, movies and years of development as Marvels front man. Deapool is still a rookie and his appeal hasnt been tapped since he hasnt been put on the big stage yet. But Deadpool is definitely the next Wolverine. No character Marvel has come up with since Wolverine 1974 has even close to becoming iconic.

I worked at a comic store from 82-90 before all the nonsense. I quit cold turkey till last year. All I hear is Deadpool.