• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

newmutants98.com

112 posts in this topic

it probably not the rarity thats the real issue. Its about the price its getting. Either there are so many buyers that it demands that 9.8 $300 plus sale or the supply is being hidden waiting to be unleashed to the masses when even more buyers are looking for the book. And even then, if there is enough supply, the book will plummit

Has anyone ever actually claimed that NM #98 is "rare"?

On Ebay? All the time ;)

Jim

lol

Sorry. That was funny, because it is so true!

"RARE", "HOT", "CGC IT", "PGX IT - IF YOU ARE NUTS".

:whee:

Yeah, I think this one is going to drop like a rock, settle around $200 and then pick up over a few years. Just way too many high grade copies out there and once somebody that is holding about 50 or so of these decides it is time to buy a new car and starts leaking one or two onto Ebay at a time. You are going to see the number of people "looking" for one dwindle and pretty soon the market will level out and a bunch of people will have missed the peak.

Yeah, I think this one is going to drop like a rock, settle around $200 and then pick up over a few years. Just way too many high grade copies out there and once somebody that is holding about 50 or so of these decides it is time to buy a new car and starts leaking one or two onto Ebay at a time. You are going to see the number of people "looking" for one dwindle and pretty soon the market will level out and a bunch of people will have missed the peak.

It got as low as $225-250 the previous year, I believe. But it was during the heat of a bad economy.

For anyone being a New Mutants completest, or a Deadpool fan, unfortunately there is no choice.

What do you guys think? you all have stacks of NM 98 sitting under your beds? Should I get rid of my 9.9? and all my 9.8s

I'd dump some 9.8's over the next few months but keep the 9.9 if you can.

Isn't Amazing Spider-Man 300 in the same boat as New Mutants 98?

They came out within a couple of years of each other and I assume that they have about the same print run. Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if ASM 300 had a higher print run than NM 98.

Same can be said about Hulk 181, It's not exactly "rare" but no matter how many of them are out there, they sell! If a Deadpool solo movie was to actually come out, the price of the book would never be the same as what they are right now. Everyone freaked out when Hulk 181 sold on eBay for $1000 10 years ago. My friend who sold the NM98 9.9 that sold for 12K bought the book for $800, After the 12K sale, sure you could get a 9.9 for 4-6K but it'll never be $800 ever again.

I bought my NM 98 for cover when it came out,so I figure I'm ahead of the game. :)

I would say so.

:applause:

:gossip: Wanna sell it? :blush:

(tsk) Naw! It might be a 9.9,and I can ask 12K for it someday. :roflmao:

What do you guys think? you all have stacks of NM 98 sitting under your beds? Should I get rid of my 9.9? and all my 9.8s

Why keep the 9.9 wont more keep popping up. There are 9 now

Why keep the 9.9 wont more keep popping up. There are 9 now

Go for the 9.9, and then with the profit you can always track down a sharp 9.8 replacement at a much cheaper price and not miss a beat.

There are a flood of 9.8s, so then it is a fight over who can offer a slight discount or lower-priced shipping. 9.9s will always end in a fight with super high-grade collectors.

I sell this book as quick as I get them in, several copies a month. Always going to different buyers, all over the world. The book is hot. This book and the Spidey 300 are the most liquid Marvel books from the 80's and 90's. This is not a hot Modern flavor of the month. Its feet are dug in deep as an established key of the era.