• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is any of this stuff worth grading???

12 posts in this topic

Hi new to the boards, (and new to the world of collecting comics) so I hope this is in the right forum.

My brother gave me a box of comics a few years ago, and I finally decided to break them out and see what was in there. A lot of the stuff in there was really hammered on (almost a full run of Man-Thing, lol), but this select few were untouched.

So my question is, is any of this stuff worth grading? Is any of this stuff worthy of the $$ and effort to be sent in to be graded? Every single one of the issues I have pictured is mint! I mean mint, unread condition. I don't own any CGC comics, but I have seen a 9.8 and these look just as good or better.....

Ok enough of me rambeling here are the pics....

IM000533.jpg

IM000534.jpg

Thoughts? Advice?

Ok....I may be alone on this but, I am thinking this is what some forumites refer to as .....modern junk. Very common and NOT worth grading. sorry.gif

But.....

....if you want to start a collection around this...it's a great place to start. grin.gif

Hi thanks for the welcome

Ehhh thats what I thought, didn't think there was much here, I was thinking that maybe since there condition was so good, I might get lucky on something...oh well. Thanks for the advice though

Welcome to the Boards!!

The only way you can make money off slabbing Moderns is if one of them comes up a 10.0 (and even then, you might not get that great an amount for it). If you submit any of them trying for a high grade, make sure to look it over EXTREMELY CAREFULLY and you might want to bring it to a reputable dealer to be looked over. Or even a comiccon in your area. But unless a modern is considered a key (which most arent)...your profit wont be very much!

Hope that helped!

if im not mistaken that moon knight with spidey on the cover just sold on ebay in 9.8 for $50-$60 27_laughing.gif. i would be interested in moon knight#60 (death of moon knight) if it was a 9.8,but not so sure if the others would be worth grading.welcome to the boards thumbsup2.gif

Are those all S.Platt issues of Moon Knight? Those might sell for some money ($50?) in 9.8 to someone who remembers the Platt mania fondly.

THanks for the welcome everybody.

Yep all the Moon-Knight issues are the Platt issues.

As for the condition, these babies are beautiful, spine is perfect, colors are awesome, corners are razor sharp. As suggested I will probably do the MK, Uncanny and The Supes 75, others I will just hang on to.

Thanks for the advice. Much appreciated.

Too bad those Man-THings I mentioned wern't in the same shape as these. Or the old Thor in the box that had the cover falling off lol