• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Esquire Magazine 2/69 Spidey Giveaway..Anyone seen one???Anyone??

17 posts in this topic

NOT the Eye Magazine one (I know that's TOUGH, But I've had a couple attached), But the Esquire, I HAVE NEVER seen one...and I've looked, I Know it's the same as the "Eye" magazine giveaway, but I've yet to see one attached to the esquire, has Anybody seen this and can they post a picture, Thanks!!!

Guess nobody has seen it....although I might have and forgotten....I remember buying Esquire around that time when they did a feature on Marvel......but it has long past into the dustbins of history.

Yeah, I thought some of the Hardcore Spidey collectors on the boards might have it....But I don't think it exists even though, Overstreet has listed it for Years (I've been looking for Years)...the Eye Magazine "version" is TOUGH, especially attached, but like I said I currently own my second copy...Esquire Did do an article on Marvel in 1965/66?? (I Think, I have it somewhere in my cave "upstairs"), not sure that 2/69 Esquire has anything on Marvel (The "Eye" does). You never know though, someone might post it tomorrow.

I've only seen it in the magazine three times in all my years. Twice I've noticed the mini-comic was re-glued into the mag and the one was stapled into a different issue of Esquire. This makes me think that the ones out there could very well be repaired or restored if thats what you want to call it. I'd watch very carefully at any that you plan on buying that are still attached. Watch for the re-glued or stapled. The original was glued. I wish OS would put what issue of ESQUIRE and EYE in the GUIDE. It would make it harder for the ones scammin' redos into other mag issues.

I'm pretty sure the Eye mag has a blurb on the cover stating that there is a comic attached. The comic I have is attached to the outside not the inside though. Not sure if it is stapled or glued, will look later. Maybe I got scammed????

Never seen an Esquire mag. shocked.gif

The text is

February 1969/50-c

Inside you'll find:

Steve McQueen centerpunching

Passionate Tim Hardin

An underground press guide

Beauty secrets of supergirls

Grooviest unisex fashions

Why your profs serve the war machine and not you

How to buy a used sports car, beat IQ ests, and drop out with class

If you can tear yourself away from reading our outasight comic book

NeatStuff has one up for auction:

Eye

Does this look suspicious to anyone else? The comic looks like a VG+ while the mag looks like a strong F+. How did the comic get all that spine wear while still attached to the mag? Makes me wonder if it's re-attached.

Eye

Does this look suspicious to anyone else? The comic looks like a VG+ while the mag looks like a strong F+. How did the comic get all that spine wear while still attached to the mag? Makes me wonder if it's re-attached.

I believe that a type of rubber glue was used to hold it into place as oppossed to being bound into the binding.

Eye

I believe that a type of rubber glue was used to hold it into place as oppossed to being bound into the binding.

Right, so how can the comic be read to death while still attached? Look at the wear and tear on that thing. No way it could get like that while stuck on what is essentially a backing board.

Eye

Right, so how can the comic be read to death while still attached? Look at the wear and tear on that thing. No way it could get like that while stuck on what is essentially a backing board.

Great point. No way. I smell Fish insane.gif