• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC Green Eggs Grading Contest Round 6 Results

46 posts in this topic

CGC Green Eggs Grading Contest Round 6 Results

BK 11: Mystery In Space #43 Off-White to White Pages likely has a detached bottom staple. - Actual Grade: 6.5

BK 12: Startling Comics #33 Off-White Pages (Tape on interior cover & centerfold) - Actual Grade: 4.5

Link to Books and Scans

Round 6 Grade Breakdowns

Round6-Breakdowns.png

2013 Grading Contest: Round 6 Results - Leader Board

Round6-Leaders.png

Round 6 COMMENTARY

Round 6 finds toro still atop the Leader Board with Mike's Rack and october maintaining their 2nd and 3rd place positions. :applause:

Congrats to Mike's Rack, zuckuss2003, B3AST, jessebrook1, DiceX, MediumLover, canickus, and Senormac for scoring Double Bullseyes this round. This was also Mike's Rack, zuckuss2003 and canickus' FOURTH STRAIGHT BULLSEYE! Can they make it six in a row? hm

zuckuss2003's ascension is still ongoing as he rises to 4th. From 79th place to 4th place to ??? How high can he go? Stay Tuned! :popcorn:

This was a relatively easy round as roughly half the contestants were within one grade generally of the actual CGC grade.

Congrats to Senormac for rising 39 spots this round. heymikesays accounts for the largest drop this round falling 26 spots to #68.

TheGeneral and Point Five remain the only contestants to not have a NEGATIVE SCORE. (thumbs u

On to ROUND 7! :ohnoez:

Congrats to all who got the double bullseyes. I couldn't even get one that round. :tonofbricks:

Even though I had a -1 in that first round, I thought this was the toughest so far.

trmoore54's entry was erroneously submitted and the charts have now been updated.

(He got the book order wrong... :sumo: )

Everyone brace yourselves! We're overdue for the return of the mathematically eliminated Line of Doom!

Pretty sure that has zero relevance for me :tonofbricks:

Round 6 guesses

MIS #43 - 7.0

Startling #33 - 3.5

Please look again and RESUBMIT your grades for ROUND 6. New NOTES are being added. (thumbs u

Round 6 guesses (REVISED)

MIS #43 - 5.0

Startling #33 - 3.5

:tonofbricks:

Everyone brace yourselves! We're overdue for the return of the mathematically eliminated Line of Doom!

doh!

The Mathematically Eliminated Line is currently at 10! :eek:

doh!

The Mathematically Eliminated Line is currently at 10! :eek:

Not so! If someone nails every guess they get 40 more points. If toro boffs every guess he gets -8 points.

Unless you're saying that toro already entered and got 10 points raising the line of Doom to 10! Oh my god, that's what you're saying! Isn't it! Damn and I fall back a bit further.

Actually... you're right. There are 4 rounds left and not 3. ROUNDS 7-8-9-10. So it's at -2 right now.

(I was going by 10 rounds - 7 since I had already updated the Spreadsheet to handle Round 7 guesses.)