• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC Green Eggs Grading Contest Round 6 Results

46 posts in this topic

The second one looked like a 3.0 with the corner ripped off but I bumped it up to 3.5. I never would have thought it would get a 4.5 without a corner.

I hear ya. The combo of the chunk, the rips and the interior tape (mult. locations?) said "4.0 max" to me. Plus the page edges looked a bit rough from the back. Shoulda bumped it!

I graded the MiS as if the staple was attached and then subtracted for the popped staple. Bullseye!

How much did you subtract? hm As mentioned in the other thread, I thought it would be a threshold thing...as if for blue label couldn't be FN or better... (shrug)

As far as I'm aware, unless you designate to CGC as such, a detached staple will get you a green label...maybe zuckuss is right, it's not completely detached...

I graded it at 8.5 (as if no staple pop) and downgraded it to 6.5.

I remember seeing a slabbed comic for sale once that looked 8.0 all day long but it was sitting in a blue holder and graded at 6.0. I called for the notes (back in the free days) and was told it had a detached staple. I used the same reasoning to grade the MiS

Guys, please help! s0721.gif

There's no understandable pattern to these grades. I really want to improve at this but it's not making sense to me.

Are there any good grading guides you guys are using?

I've been using this with pretty good results.

:signfunny:

:whee:

You were trolling me? t2365.gif

Sorry. I thought it was obvious.

I kinda felt bad that you took me seriously. lol