• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

eBay grab bags????

70 posts in this topic

It is just so frustrating that ebay doesn't do anything (seemingly) to stop it......I had an FF1 cgc 7.0 of mine showing up as the "front" picture for one of these listings for months.....reported it several times...

I was actually looking at this seller earlier today. He now has an xmen 7.5 as his big prize in the auction. He says he has 100 lots available and is selling them for $50 each. I offered to buy them all if he would give me a refund if the xmen 1 wasn't there. He said no. hm

It is just so frustrating that ebay doesn't do anything (seemingly) to stop it......I had an FF1 cgc 7.0 of mine showing up as the "front" picture for one of these listings for months.....reported it several times...

I was actually looking at this seller earlier today. He now has an xmen 7.5 as his big prize in the auction. He says he has 100 lots available and is selling them for $50 each. I offered to buy them all if he would give me a refund if the xmen 1 wasn't there. He said no. hm

Couldn't you just buy them all, then get a forced refund from eBay anyway because you didn't get what was described?

Couldn't you just buy them all, then get a forced refund from eBay anyway because you didn't get what was described?

Considering the scamster buyer would empty his Paypal account out, and the refund would be coming out of Paypal/E-bay's pockets, I could see e-bay siding with the seller and denying the refund. :insane:

I had a novice collector friend a few years ago who was about 15 or 16 at the time do a grab bag auction. He actually gave away a key in almost every bag he sold (TTA 27 in low grade, JLA 1 in low grade, etc.) and I couldn't believe how dumb he was to do that. He only had 2 or 3 bags with all bad books in them, and of course, he got 3 angry collectors leaving him negative feedback, like "THIS IS A SCAM." It may be entirely a scam in many instances, but maybe a lot of you just have terrible luck with some legit auctions.

I don't condone these auction types, but I'm just bringing up this story to prove that some legit ones do exist. I should have bought all those books for dirt cheap from him, but shoulda coulda woulda, I guess. Again, if you don't win in Vegas, it doesn't mean that nobody wins. Just that the odds are heavily stacked against you, and you pay for the entertainment value, not to win. Caveat Emptor... buyer beware.

I like how he says he doesn't have any time, yet he has the time to keep coming here and talking about doing it.

Do you like checking out my "Feedback left for Others" and finding out when I HAVE done this?

Do you have a reading problem with my post" When I get the time, I WILL do this"???

Hopefully you like when I DO get the time next week( please re-read my post and if you can read at all, you SHOULD see this; but who am I to hope?) I will do this. Because of you I will post my results just for you to see. No one else, mind you.

I confess I dislike Newbies when they are disrespectful. When they know their place and are respectful, I will walk over hot coals to help them. When they are disrespectful, like you, you are forever relegated to a certain place. To stay.

CAL :sumo:

Translated : you just made "the list," Flatliner!

Welcome to the club everyone else is already part of!

:lol:

-slym

Considering the scamster buyer would empty his Paypal account out, and the refund would be coming out of Paypal/E-bay's pockets, I could see e-bay siding with the seller and denying the refund. :insane:

It would also be hard to get a refund because the response from the seller would simply be that someone else must have gotten the big key comic and not said anything. That way they still gave you what they "described"

I like how he says he doesn't have any time, yet he has the time to keep coming here and talking about doing it.

Do you like checking out my "Feedback left for Others" and finding out when I HAVE done this?

Do you have a reading problem with my post" When I get the time, I WILL do this"???

Hopefully you like when I DO get the time next week( please re-read my post and if you can read at all, you SHOULD see this; but who am I to hope?) I will do this. Because of you I will post my results just for you to see. No one else, mind you.

I confess I dislike Newbies when they are disrespectful. When they know their place and are respectful, I will walk over hot coals to help them. When they are disrespectful, like you, you are forever relegated to a certain place. To stay.

CAL :sumo:

Translated : you just made "the list," Flatliner!

Welcome to the club everyone else is already part of!

:lol:

-slym

As long as I'm in good company.