• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

That huge Vancouver auction sale is back May 26th

5 posts in this topic

Have fun but beware.

I have been collecting, buying and selling Warren and other Horror magazines for over twenty five years and own thousands of high grade books. I purchased over twelve hundred dollars of various lots in the last auction about five or six weeks ago. The lots that were advertised high grade were not truly high grade.

Also, the lots that were advertised mid to high grade always had at least one or two books that had major flaws in them. I am not a perfectionist. I am a realist and I possess a 100% positive feedback on Ebay. I did not complain to the auction house and just accepted that their grading was not as strict as some.

However, I was not happy with their grading standards and advertising compared to other auctions houses such as Heritage, Comiclink, etc. In addition, shipping from Canada cost and arm and a leg. Good luck but be careful.

Figures.

I missed the first one because I was in New York, and now I'll miss the second one because I'm in Spain :frustrated:

I physically went to one of their auctions in the past, and wasn't thrilled about some of the "surprises" I encountered when I got the item home. It wasn't a comic, though.

I am glad to hear that I am not the only one that feels this way. It is to bad because they had a lot of very nice material in the comic auction. If there was a group of four or five "high grade" books, at least one or maybe two would be high quality in my estimate. I guess each person can debate their definition of "high grade".

I guess thats why cgc graded material always commands higher prices.