• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A little help for a noob collector? :)

39 posts in this topic

Sell Spawn #9 and Superior Spider-Man when it is still good now. Keep EoW, ASM #700 and Batman #1. Marvel Zombies would have made you money, but green label if someone wanted it CGCed. A lot more of collectors though that don't CGC anything. Five Ghosts and Polarity are worth having in your own collection. Burn the rest.

If and when you send comics to CGC:

Don't send them in on your own. It would cost $25/comic that way (if in bulk -- plus shipping).

I suggest working with a CGC partner (most are local comic book shops). It is actually cheaper that way and if they are kind enough, they will help filter out those that don't make the 9.8 pay grade.

Yes, I agree. Some are worth grading if they're a 9.6 or 9.4.

If you consider shipping, shipping insurance and certification costs, many times it's easier, less risky and cheaper to find one that is already certiifed.

For instance, you can buy Uncanny Avengers #1 CGC 9.8 for $35 (after shipping).

I think the question is , which ones do you want to keep? If you don't care about any of them in particular I'd sell them all and buy something you want , if you want to keep something cgc it and hope it builds value, as long as you sell any of them for more than you paid you've made profit and that's a good day in my book, I've paid many bills that way

thanks a lot guys.. im gonna meet with some people most have got to be at least 9.6 if not 9.8, ive never read them or opened the bag, and ive taken good care of them... there definitly are a few i want to keep like the skottie young variants, amazing spider-man 299, 700, among others..

thanks a lot.. i am definitly gonna slab spider-man 700 and 299, i also really want to slab one of my skottie young variants. i love all the covers and have tried to get as many as i can.. probably gonna slab either the superior spider-man or a+ x variant.. thanks again.. anybody care to venture a guess what the walking dead # 1 image firsts cgc 9.8 signed by moore and kirkman could fetch?

usually i download an issue or two online and if i like it i buy tpb, but some i read regularly like walking dead.. mostly im buying these to try and flip..

the correct title of this thread is "A little help for a noob flipper?:)"

You should read some threads on here and see what real flipping is...

Don't send them in on your own. It would cost $25/comic that way (if in bulk -- plus shipping).

If you do send them in yourself, make sure you get the free 10% discount from CGC's site (Option #3). The 10% discount is free for anyone, you do NOT need to be a paid member.

If you do send them in yourself, make sure you get the free 10% discount from CGC's site (Option #3). The 10% discount is free for anyone, you do NOT need to be a paid member.

Sending in moderns by yourself is only $18 without shipping.

Sending in moderns by yourself is only $18 without shipping.

Actually it's $16.20 with the free 10% discount :grin:

thanks a lot.. i am definitly gonna slab spider-man 700 and 299, i also really want to slab one of my skottie young variants. i love all the covers and have tried to get as many as i can.. probably gonna slab either the superior spider-man or a+ x variant.. thanks again.. anybody care to venture a guess what the walking dead # 1 image firsts cgc 9.8 signed by moore and kirkman could fetch?

Not much.

Not much.

Sounds like it will be a green label. So.....nothing.