• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A question for Ninja Turtles fans

17 posts in this topic

I was just checking out the census and there are hardly any TMNT Adventures books slabbed. Almost every one has nothing submitted. Am i missing something here? I have a pretty good run of these in my personal collection and i think more than a few would hit 9.8. Some of the later issues are pretty tough to find (50-72) so maybe people just can't find high grade enough books to submit? Maybe no one cares? Am i looking at the wrong census :insane: ?

Side note: I was at a summit in NYC yesterday for my research team and TMNT was filming on the rooftop. I can post some pics later tonight. I believe it was 22 W 19th St. for anyone who is in the city and want to go past to see if they are still there.

I think it's mostly because those books don't seem to be worth that much. Also, the series was geared toward a younger crowd, so there may not be that many high grade books available. Although, the opposite could be true and there are probably millions of them lying around. TMNT was way more popular in the late 80's than it was now and print runs were topping a million pretty regularly back then.

I know my little brother read that book and just left it lying on the couch every month. I actually have a copy of #1 that I've been thinking about submitting but its just not worth it.

I totally agree on the early ones. (huge print runs) BUT the later ones get good $ raw and the print runs had to have been pretty tiny. Plus take into account the whole kids book thing and i doubt there are many raw 9.6-9.8 lying around. These prices below are for raw only and it seems like nothing that might get 9.6-9.8 as many are advertised as Ebay VF/NM. (which means a reality 8.0 at best). I would think nothing below #50 would be worth it to sell, but it's just curious to me that there isn't anyone thus far who wants a nice cgc'd collection. I'm thinking even with the large print runs on the sub 50 there might not be that many raw 9.8's out there anyway since kids read and enjoyed them. I know my original set from when i was younger wouldn't get 5.0's and i was in my pre-teen years during this run. I don't know anyone that was hoarding animated comics (Like Batman Adventures, TMNT Adventures, Sonic, etc) in high grade as these have always suffered from the "kid's comics" label much like nearly EVERY comic was in the golden/silver age.

I think i'm going to sub my 70,71,72 as they are very solid 9.8 candidates. Although, i can still claim highest graded regardless haha. A good question would also be how small are the print runs on these last few issues and also how many of that number have survived in high grade. Below are some recent examples of the last few issues on ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=year+of+turtle&LH_Sold=1&_osacat=63&_from=R40&LH_Complete=1&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=turtles+adventures+71&_sacat=63

http://www.ebay.com/csc/Comics-/63/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=turtles+adventures+72&LH_Complete=1&rt=nc

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=turtles+adventures+72&_osacat=63&_from=R40&LH_Complete=1&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=turtles+adventures+70&_sacat=63

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=turtles+adventures+70&_osacat=63&_from=R40&LH_Complete=1&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=turtles+adventures+69&_sacat=63

Wow, I had no idea the later issues were getting that kind of money. It might be worth it to try to sub some of the last issues (maybe 70-72) I think the only thing really holding these back from any real value is that they are kids comics.

Although, outside of the first 5-10 issues (and really the first five), the Eastman and Laird series doesn't really command high $$$ either.

All this could change the closer we get to the new movie being released.

Nice GIFs BTW, I could watch that Katy Perry one all day!

Oh, and if the scan with this auction is that actual book: Turtles adventures 72 http://www.ebay.com/itm/TEENAGE-MUTANT-NINJA-TURTLES-ADVENTURES-72-TMNT-Archie-LAST-ISSUE-NM-9-4-/350792254466?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item51acd90402

I think this guy is overgrading just a little bit at 9.4

I have a hard time not watching that Katy one too, and no way is that one NM. Erndog, i honestly have no idea. It just popped up on one of those gif sites when i typed in "Hot Brunette". (which is how i go about assembling my sig when i get tired of the current one)

Also, i think the fact that the "kids comics" tag is applied to these books might be a scaled down version of history repeating itself down the line. This inspired me to start an official Animated comics thread :) I know i'm not the only one that collects these things!!

I think i have a bunch of TMNT adventures and a lot of the minis like April O'Neil. I'll have to check em out last i looked most were FN to VF may have a couple NM's tho hm

what about TMNT old school action figures?!?!? Anybody like those?!!?

I see them on Lyria from time to time and they don't do to badly honestly. Especially if they are still in their original package. :luhv:

:( damn my childhood self for opening them.

p.s. I love Lyria website, it's on my bookmark ^_^!

what about TMNT old school action figures?!?!? Anybody like those?!!?

I see them on Lyria from time to time and they don't do to badly honestly. Especially if they are still in their original package. :luhv:

:( damn my childhood self for opening them.

p.s. I love Lyria website, it's on my bookmark ^_^!

:applause::blush: