• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Un-FOUR-gettable!! posted by bagofleas

3 posts in this topic

Where it all started!

Ok the next issue on the list is not an OAK, and I could replace it if I had to at some point, but because of what it represents, I would just hate to have to give it up.

#4 on the list...

Marvel Graphic Novel #4 9.8

Yes, yes it is the first appearance of my beloved New Mutants. There were only eleven 9.8 copies of this big, beautiful book for years until recently when a few more showed up. Even now there are only 17 of them making this a tougher item to acquire.

The black cover, especially on the back, as well as the large and cumbersome size make it a very hard issue to have in high quality grade. It has sold for around $225 to $250 every time I have seen it purchased.

While this was not the first New Mutants comic I ever owned, it WAS the very first time these characters appeared anywhere. This was also the very first Mutant team established by Professor X after the X-Men, who he thought to be dead at the time.

I had just started collecting comics when I got a copy of this. So I thought it was neat to be able to read a popular series from the ground up.

I plan on having an SS 9.8 copy at some point and when I do, it will replace this copy in this spot on the list. But for now, this one aint goin nowhere!

13621.jpg

See more journals by bagofleas

This book was difficult to obtain. Although I argue that there were ten for a long time, you already had one when I was looking for this issue and I junked every time one finally appeared. I was Wallaced, twice until Comic to Astonish, who knew I was looking for one and informed me by text he had a SS copy, of course this happaned on a day that I went into work so I wouldn't spend any money on comics. Well, that didn't work out.