• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fellow New Yorkers..

27 posts in this topic

I bought some beautiful Adams 'Tec's from Cosmic Comics many moons ago. I remember they had a perspex box on the wall containing a partially smoked cigar butt which they claimed came from Jack Kirby. :preach:

I still mourn the closing of Mike's Comic Hut on Northern Blvd in queens. The owner was always nice, the walls were lined with key issues, and it smelled like old, musty paper. (in a good way :cloud9:). As for stores still in existence, Rogers Time Machine and St.Marks are always worth a visit. I've never been to Royal Collectibles, but I've heard good things.

I still mourn the closing of Mike's Comic Hut on Northern Blvd in queens. The owner was always nice, the walls were lined with key issues, and it smelled like old, musty paper. (in a good way :cloud9:). As for stores still in existence, Rogers Time Machine and St.Marks are always worth a visit. I've never been to Royal Collectibles, but I've heard good things.

Mile's was the best. That is where I started collecting back issues. Still have many of the books I bought from there in the late 70's, early 80's.

Mile's was the best. That is where I started collecting back issues. Still have many of the books I bought from there in the late 70's, early 80's.

Same here. I still have some store bags featuring art by George Perez. He lived in the area, was friends with Mike, and was frequently in the store. Mr. Perez was kind enough to sign some stuff for me, including my copy of Infinity Gauntlet 1. Good times!