• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC Green Eggs Grading Contest Round 8 Results

50 posts in this topic

CGC Green Eggs Grading Contest Round 8 Results

BK 15: Harbinger #1 White Pages - Actual Grade: 9.6

BK 16: X-Men #1 Off-White to White Pages - Actual Grade: 3.5

Link to Books and Scans

Round 8 Grade Breakdowns

Round8-Breakdowns.png

2013 Grading Contest: Round 8 Results - Leader Board

Round8-Leaders.png

Round 8 COMMENTARY

Write your own commentary for ROUND 8! Best commentary will win a prize! :sumo::acclaim:

2013 Grading Contest: GRADE DISTRIBUTION THROUGH ROUND 8

Round8-GradeDistribution.png

And here's a chart I haven't shown yet... It shows the Grade Distributions for each book so far. Note that you guys as a group are usually pretty good except for BOOK 13 which has a curious distribution of grades. :makepoint:

(I use this chart to do the Grade Breakdowns.)

:acclaim:

Round 8 COMMENTARY

Write your own commentary for ROUND 8! Best commentary will win a prize! :sumo::acclaim:

Finding those hidden defects.

The Harbinger was pretty easy. It was either a 9.8 or a 9.6.

The X-men #1 was much tougher. Many of the defects are pretty evident, such as creases, but I have a feeling the reason many people were higher was because the front cover has quite a bit of smear staining that can be hard to see in a scan. It's also difficult to gauge how much to take off when you cannot see the interior of the cover. If some of those stains go through the cover then more points need to be deducted. It's possible that some of the stains even go into the pages. Again, hard to deduce that from front/back cover scans. Further, the spine is rolled, but it can be hard to see how rolled upward the spine is from a 2 dimensional scan.

Round 8 COMMENTARY

The leader stumbles around the turn as we start the run down the home stetch :eek: and Mike's Rack and TheGeneral close the gap. :applause:

Mike's Rack, TheGeneral, canikus, comicdey, Mr. SS, THB and gradejunky all had perfect rounds.

DiceX keeps moving up the leaderboard and one can only wonder what this contest would look like if he had not missed Round 2 hm

Will the leader pull a 2004 Yankee choke? :ohnoez: Can someone pull out perfect scores the rest of the way and hit a bullseye at the buzzer? ^^ Stay tuned boys and girls this is a nail biter!

Round 8 COMMENTARY

toro...yeah, same old story. Still at number 1.

Mike's Rack and TheGeneral maintain their 2 and 3 standing while zuckuss2003 drops after a fail on the Harbinger 1.

canickus...this guy has 8 straight bulls-eyes...I mean who does that???

DiceX, if that would have not missed a round he'd be in first.

October sadly drops 4 spots after a major whiff on the X-men 1.

Ark has made a major move at the end up 5 spots to #10.

Folks this game is not over. Lots of action remains in the last 2 rounds!!! Get your guesses in and right quick seems to score more points or so I heard.

Round 8 has come and gone, and the line of mathematical elimination has swept through the ranks leaving only a handful of wannabee Toro Torch Holders.

Toro has continued his march to domination and all but a handful have lost hope. Many have dropped from submitting grades after embarrassing themselves with negative returns.

The top 20 spots are held by 24 people...how can that be....

past performance is not guarantee of future returns....but I wouldn't be so sure.

continue with hope and perservere........it's just your pride that dies with every five

The X-men #1 was much tougher. Many of the defects are pretty evident, such as creases, but I have a feeling the reason many people were higher was because the front cover has quite a bit of smear staining that can be hard to see in a scan. It's also difficult to gauge how much to take off when you cannot see the interior of the cover. If some of those stains go through the cover then more points need to be deducted. It's possible that some of the stains even go into the pages. Again, hard to deduce that from front/back cover scans.

There you go. (thumbs u That's what I was just saying in the main Round 8 thread. Some funky staining to the cover, hard to catch at first glance.

Round 8 COMMENTARY

The leader stumbles around the turn as we start the run down the home stetch :eek: and Mike's Rack and TheGeneral close the gap. :applause:

Mike's Rack, TheGeneral, canikus, comicdey, Mr. SS, THB and gradejunky all had perfect rounds.

DiceX keeps moving up the leaderboard and one can only wonder what this contest would look like if he had not missed Round 2 hm

Will the leader pull a 2004 Yankee choke? :ohnoez: Can someone pull out perfect scores the rest of the way and hit a bullseye at the buzzer? ^^ Stay tuned boys and girls this is a nail biter!

This one has my vote so far. (thumbs u

At this point in the game only the top two or three have a legitimate shot at winning.

Toro doesn't miss often so you'd have to ace it the rest of the way out and hope he drops the ball, which won't happen.

There are too many people in the top five with too many bullseyes to see the positions juggle much with only two rounds left.

Congrats, toro. I think you've got this one spanked and put to bed. (thumbs u

At this point in the game only the top two or three have a legitimate shot at winning.

Toro doesn't miss often so you'd have to ace it the rest of the way out and hope he drops the ball, which won't happen.

There are too many people in the top five with too many bullseyes to see the positions juggle much with only two rounds left.

Thanks for the vote of confidence, but after looking quickly at the round 9 books I think this is going to be anyone's game.

Thanks for the vote of confidence, but after looking quickly at the round 9 books I think this is going to be anyone's game.

...and wait till you see round 10's. :fear: