• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC Green Eggs Grading Contest Round 8 Results

50 posts in this topic

I'm coming for you Point Five......

Bring it, Alaska Boy. Let's see what you got. :sumo:

Spot me two points and we can call it a mystery prize battle. An alaska prize if you win. And a prize from any other of the smaller states when you lose :sumo:

$25 max so you don't go crazy. I would like a photo of your restored supes 2. :cloud9:

Spot me two points and we can call it a mystery prize battle. An alaska prize if you win. And a prize from any other of the smaller states when you lose :sumo:

$25 max so you don't go crazy. I would like a photo of your restored supes 2. :cloud9:

I like the spirit of the bet, but I'm paying off a massive Bill Me Later bill with comic sales and I'll be physically ill if I have to go to the post office one more time.

Counteroffer,

Howzabout 5 bucks via Paypal. lol

I like the spirit of the bet, but I'm paying off a massive Bill Me Later bill with comic sales and I'll be physically ill if I have to go to the post office one more time.

Counteroffer,

Howzabout 5 bucks via Paypal. lol

Done :sumo: rev your engines

Oh yeah. It's iPhone all the way for me so I think you should be too :lol:

Here was my submitted grades :sorry:

Book 15: 9.6

Book 16: 4.0 (Gut says 3.5 but I've been too harsh most of the time so I'll give it the bump...)

And I'm ignoring any reply messages in the attempt to cause doubt!

Don't feel bad...here's my grading...

Harbinger 1

I'm just going to say 9.6 because I see a spine tic on the back and the small production flaw at the bottom of the spine....it's likely an 9.8 though. I don't see any staining or other obvious defects, but I phones are fun.

Xmen 1

6.0 nope

5.5 nope

5.0 nope

4.5 possibly on the high side

4.0 possibly but that spine roll and staining is pretty rough

3.5 possibly, but might be a bit nicer as there's no marvel chipping or pieces missing...

3.0 unlikely, I had a 3.0 years ago and the creases were much more prominent

Xmen 1 I'm thinking.....I'm saying......4.0

another toughie

Round 8 COMMENTARY

Write your own commentary for ROUND 8! Best commentary will win a prize! :sumo::acclaim:

The results are in for round 8, only two more rounds to go. The Harbinger #1 grade didn't separate the contestants much as 98% of the graders guessers were within one grade of the correct answer. The X-Men 1 proved more difficult as only 50% of the guesses were within one grade.

With eight points for the round toro retains the lead he seized in round four. :headbang:

Mike's Rack and TheGeneral moved up to within one poorly graded book of the leader. However, both could fall out of the top ten with a couple of stinkers. Will one of the top three lay down a stinker? hm

Mike's Rack, TheGeneral, canickus, eeb03, Mr. SS, THB, and gradejunky all had double bullseyes for the round. (worship)

Speaking of canickus, Charles Dickens couldn't have said it better, "It was the best of times, it was the worst of times..." After starting the contest in last place and collecting three :censored: grades and only one bullseye in the first eight rounds, he has reeled off eight straight bulleyes to tie DiceX for fifth place. :acclaim:

Speaking of DiceX, wouldofcouldofshouldof - oh what might have been. Two bullseyes in the second round that he "rumplestiltskinned" would have him tied with toro for first place.

With their double bullseyes, THB and gradejunky both rose 19 spots to make the largest moves up the field. Crimebuster, porky, "Bronze age fan", godguest, Foxtrot70, ss5rmp, and Miraclemet also made strong moves up the field.

Not turning in grades (aka the DiceXie) has not proved to be a winning strategy. This round, doing the DiceXie dropped DCMan and Liaton-9000 twenty-two spots. :sorry:

And least lest we forget, down in the relegation zone, it is a battle for the important last place. What was Beige thinking? Beige's bullseye on the X-Men book moved him from a lock on last place to a tie for last place with Gloomfire who bombed the X-men book. DWL, peterpark, and Dannyboy0076 are still in contention for last place of those who have submitted a grade for every round. Personally, I am pulling for DWL because he started the first round in a tie for first with cujobyte and going from first to last would be a singular achievement. :whistle:

Finally, the dreaded line of death has overtaken all but the top 32 after this round. But the movement of the line of death is unrelenting - it will capture all but a few hardy souls when the ninth round has ended.

:applause:

thirdgreenham, Master of Ceremonies and Master of his own Domain, will choose the best commentary before the end of ROUND 9 tomorrow night!

Ultimately, it's not the destination but the journey that enriches your life! :preach:

It's a fight to the finish! Who will emerge with the Ultimate Prize? There can be ONLY ONE! :acclaim: