• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OVERZEALOUS ANONYMOUS MODERATION - What's going on here?

113 posts in this topic

Mods notified of over-moderation. They need to screen the help better in the future.

Mod training economics class: Ruling a fiefdom on $9.25 an hour. oh, and paull has some of the best sales threads, keep em coming

Thanks :) Of course I'll keep posting here, but I'll wait until after this gets sorted out.

So is the moderator going to step forward and explain what happened here?

Think it was the 'lurid' covers on some of the pulps (not agreeing or disagreeing here). You'd probably be fine if you put something over the *ahem* wobbly bits in question when you scan them in. Just a thought.

Mods notified of over-moderation. They need to screen the help better in the future.

Mod training economics class: Ruling a fiefdom on $9.25 an hour. oh, and paull has some of the best sales threads, keep em coming

Thanks :) Of course I'll keep posting here, but I'll wait until after this gets sorted out.

So is the moderator going to step forward and explain what happened here?

Mods don't really engage in conversations here. As someone else mentioned though--it could have been some of the *spicy* covers lol (LOVE that pulps used that word).

If mods don't engage in conversation here, where does this occur?

Regardless of the content, why are posts deleted without notification? On top of that, my posts were supposedly "moved" and was not told where they were moved. It doesn't appear that they went to Misc, either.

I not only don't want to waste my own time, but I don't want other sellers affected by this overzealous modding.

When things go *poof,* the mods have to move them to a mod-only section, then they can delete them. That is why it says "moved" but you can't access the link.

And, I agree, it was most likely the "spicy" covers that got your threads yanked. Were I still a mod, I would have deleted the pictures & emailed you why that happened with a mild suggestion that some editing would keep your pics up.

(thumbs u

-slym

When things go *poof,* the mods have to move them to a mod-only section, then they can delete them. That is why it says "moved" but you can't access the link.

And, I agree, it was most likely the "spicy" covers that got your threads yanked. Were I still a mod, I would have deleted the pictures & emailed you why that happened with a mild suggestion that some editing would keep your pics up.

(thumbs u

-slym

Not only wasn't I told that these posts were deleted, but I posted these for sale previously! This stuff is no more racy than any other "men's adventure" or spicy pulp listed here.

I've been here ten years and have never seen anything like this in a sales thread. So who runs this place? Is anyone satisfied about having anonymous mods decide what is appropriate, without any notification or ability to correct content?

Sometimes they'll leave messages in the thread, sometimes they don't. I used to volunteer as a mod for a forum a few years back (table top wargaming), and it was just that--volunteer work. If I had time to leave a note, I did; other times, I have to admit I'd just clean up the various threads quickly and move along.

Bummer when it happens in your thread, but it looks like a new mod error is all. GOOD news though is your Shadow books sold, so a successful thread on the whole! :headbang:

Also, I doubt the mods were cruising the boards - someone hit the "Notify" clicker, also known around here as "humping the button."

So, someone was offended at something and told the mods on you.

:sorry:

-slym

Not only wasn't I told that these posts were deleted, but I posted these for sale previously! This stuff is no more racy than any other "men's adventure" or spicy pulp listed here.

E-mail me the pics, or link them in PM, please?

I am just curious.

-slym

Here are examples of what was deleted. I'm posting links to a previous thread, since these were re-posts of books with lower prices:

[ See the JPG links below ]

I saw someone mention Pulps, which ARE for sure related to comics...but I'm not sure those qualify as "pulps" do they? I thought they were just paperback books...in which case, perhaps the problem is...:shrug:

(and I hate to sound like one of the NCIS people) they violate RULE #!

Books must be CGC or raw only, or items directly related to comics.

I saw someone mention Pulps, which ARE for sure related to comics...but I'm not sure those qualify as "pulps" do they? I thought they were just paperback books...in which case, perhaps the problem is...:shrug:

(and I hate to sound like one of the NCIS people) they violate RULE #!

Books must be CGC or raw only, or items directly related to comics.

I didn't say that they were pulps, however I did say that other people list pulps in this forum, and paperbacks, and magazines.

Are Playboys related to comics? "Mens adventure" mags?

There are two questions here, should the posts be deleted, and if so, should the poster not be told? I even posted in the thread that I was having issues with the thread and the anonymous mod removed the material two more times without telling me, either via PM or in the thread.

(thumbs u

-slym

I've been here ten years and have never seen anything like this in a sales thread. So who runs this place? Is anyone satisfied about having anonymous mods decide what is appropriate, without any notification or ability to correct content?

Like Slym said, your images contained nudity and most likely got pulled because someone hit the notify mod button - just like it happens when people post Grimm Fairy Tales nude covers over in the Modern section and don't cover up the saucy bits. Why don't you just repost the books with censored covers? :shrug: