• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OVERZEALOUS ANONYMOUS MODERATION - What's going on here?

113 posts in this topic

So should those awesome Brundage Weird Tales books be censored?

I sort of understand the explanation put forward that they might've been yanked because they were paperbacks and technically not CGC or comic related, but does anyone else think there would've been a problem if he posted some westerns?

I only say that because I've posted SciFi pb's in the past with no issues. So is it that SciFi can be comic related... westerns (?) but when it comes to GGA /BGA, that's a no-no?

Personally, I like seeing those 40's/50's digests with the provocative covers... it's an extension of the pop-culture during those years in which Wertham made his arguements in SOTI.

I'm not into collecting digests or pb's but I was always curious if those were cleaned up around the same time as the CCA was introduced.

And yes... I like Paull's sales threads as well! :)

So should those awesome Brundage Weird Tales books be censored?

I sort of understand the explanation put forward that they might've been yanked because they were paperbacks and technically not CGC or comic related, but does anyone else think there would've been a problem if he posted some westerns?

I only say that because I've posted SciFi pb's in the past with no issues. So is it that SciFi can be comic related... westerns (?) but when it comes to GGA /BGA, that's a no-no?

Personally, I like seeing those 40's/50's digests with the provocative covers... it's an extension of the pop-culture during those years in which Wertham made his arguements in SOTI.

I'm not into collecting digests or pb's but I was always curious if those were cleaned up around the same time as the CCA was introduced.

And yes... I like Paull's sales threads as well! :)

+1 I was just going to post something similar. I love looking at this covers. Other pulps have been posted here before without any issues. I hope that these will be allowed in another sale.

Just coz someone humps the notify button doesn't mean the mod has to come rushing in and delete things. If they've always been okay in the past then they are still okay today. Paul ought to start a new thread without all the modcrapping.

Just coz someone humps the notify button doesn't mean the mod has to come rushing in and delete things. If they've always been okay in the past then they are still okay today. Paul ought to start a new thread without all the modcrapping.

Mods delete what they "want" to delete and usually uphold decisions that they "want" to uphold.

That's getting more and more evident around here. :sorry:

I would have thought it obvious if a post or posts gets removed but the rest of the thread stays the same, that there was moderator intervention. (shrug)

At any rate, the rules about sexuality are, to be sure, fluid. Just because one thing is allowed doesn't mean something else that seems of equivalent salaciousness will be, as well.

It's all a judgment call. I think some of you should have to moderate a board sometime before you get all pissy about some perceived injustice. It's like having to explain to someone who's never been a server in a restaurant why giving 10% is unacceptable.

That doesn't mean someone didn't hump the button this time, Lizzie.

-slym

:lol: taking up my argument now?

I would have thought it obvious if a post or posts gets removed but the rest of the thread stays the same, that there was moderator intervention. (shrug)

At any rate, the rules about sexuality are, to be sure, fluid. Just because one thing is allowed doesn't mean something else that seems of equivalent salaciousness will be, as well.

It's all a judgment call. I think some of you should have to moderate a board sometime before you get all pissy about some perceived injustice. It's like having to explain to someone who's never been a server in a restaurant why giving 10% is unacceptable.

I will gladly moderate this board... where do I sign up. :banana:

You should ask Mod0.

Also, I apologise for the use of the word "pissy", supra. Was inappropriate of me

You should ask Mod0.

Also, I apologise for the use of the word "pissy", supra. Was inappropriate of me

Mod0 would be the "go to" person to ask

...and yes you should apologize for using that word... its masking for profanity as was explained to me here...

You are being given a warning about masking in the sales threads. I did not pull this post -- http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=6688523&fpart=1 -- (this time) because it would have disrupted the entire thread.

Next time you use any variation of the "s" word (or any other swear), your post will be pulled and you will be suspended.

Thanks.

Be ready for your forthcoming PM warning you of impending suspension should you use it again. :grin:

Just in case anyone thinks this is a thread disruption...

HIROSHIMA $15 :takeit:

You don't have to do a job in order to be entitled to complain when the job is done wrong. You may be able to sympathize with cgcmod11 while I can only empathize, but I do know what passes as acceptable in the sales forum and what doesn't. The removed items were not something that has ever been removed before. If a single mod decides to move the goal posts after they were set 11 years ago, that mod needs to check his history or ask someone with more experience for guidance.

And I'm shocked! SHOCKED! That you can say the word pissy on this board. Mods notified!

You don't have to do a job in order to be entitled to complain when the job is done wrong. You may be able to sympathize with cgcmod11 while I can only empathize, but I do know what passes as acceptable in the sales forum and what doesn't. The removed items were not something that has ever been removed before. If a single mod decides to move the goal posts after they were set 11 years ago, that mod needs to check his history or ask someone with more experience for guidance.

And I'm shocked! SHOCKED! That you can say the word pissy on this board. Mods notified!

PISSANT!

PISSANT!

Offensive to Ants and the entire Formicidae family. Mods notified :roflmao:

PISSANT!

PISSHIPPY!

PISSANT!

PISSHIPPY!

Offensive to believers of the countercultural values of the Beat Generation and lovers of herbal medicine.

Mods notified... and then given tacos to sway their munchies :grin:

I think the lot of you have PMS;)

I like *Paul*, I've spoken to him on the phone, bought from him and I was not the person who reported it...I'm not much of a prude, either...

However, I was just reading some of the back covers and they are downright creepy. Lots of Whips biting into HER tortured Flesh stuff.

Maybe it if was "his tortured flesh" I'd feel more comfortable, but personally that stuff creeps me out...

and except for Cheetah, my guess is I own as much GGA as anyone who has posted in this thread. It's not the same stuff. I never think it's sexy, I just like the covers, love the imaginative monsters, the colors and the art...and I've never gotten creeped out by a GGA cover.

I'm rarely bothered by ANY of the pictures posted...naked, not naked...etc. but the whip stuff sounds like of sadistic to me.

So my guess is there was at least one other person who was not comfortable who complained

I like *Paul*, I've spoken to him on the phone, bought from him and I was not the person who reported it...I'm not much of a prude, either...

However, I was just reading some of the back covers and they are downright creepy. Lots of Whips biting into HER tortured Flesh stuff.

Maybe it if was "his tortured flesh" I'd feel more comfortable, but personally that stuff creeps me out...

and except for Cheetah, my guess is I own as much GGA as anyone who has posted in this thread. It's not the same stuff. I never think it's sexy, I just like the covers, love the imaginative monsters, the colors and the art...and I've never gotten creeped out by a GGA cover.

I'm rarely bothered by ANY of the pictures posted...naked, not naked...etc. but the whip stuff sounds like of sadistic to me.

So my guess is there was at least one other person who was not comfortable who complained

The only thing sadistic about the whip... is not having enough ;)

thCANNGTIP_zpsb222842e.jpg

I'm actually fine with that.

My issue is with the anonymous modding and deletion of posts multiple times without either notification or ability to move the posts to another forum, adjust wording, etc.

If content is the issue, how about the "Sinful Woman" paperback? There's racier stuff in Yo Gabba Gabba !

The only thing sadistic about the whip... is not having enough ;)

thCANNGTIP_zpsb222842e.jpg

Ask Calamerica sometime how I feel about whips.

His post on the eBay chatboard eons ago about women and how they liked to be treated sparked a 10 year ...ummm..disagreement between us, that I've probably finally forgiven him for...because I think I've accepted that he was drunk posting;)

So unless you are drunk posting..I'm just going to let you know that .women (or men) being sexually abused, is not on my top ten list of joking matters.