• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Are these cover layouts by Cockrum or Romita?

7 posts in this topic

It says 'Geo Perez' in the margin - for the SVTU #15, which George Perez is credited for the cover art, which looks eactly like the top prelim. Are you wondering if someone else sketched the idea and Perez re-created it for the final version?

Not sure about the bottom one, don't have time to look that one up.

Both prelims were sold like if they were done by Romita, who used to sketch covers at the age like Dave Cockrum (after he left for first time the X-Men) or Ed Hannigan. None of them were credited for this job, like Marie Severin in the Silver Age.

I think that both were done by Cockrum.

Just check out the following sample, Dave's prelim vs Kane's drawing...

cockrumcaptainmarvel53p.jpg

Both prelims were sold like if they were done by Romita, who used to sketch covers at the age like Dave Cockrum (after he left for first time the X-Men) or Ed Hannigan. None of them were credited for this job, like Marie Severin in the Silver Age.

I think that both were done by Cockrum.

Just check out the following sample, Dave's prelim vs Kane's drawing...

cockrumcaptainmarvel53p.jpg

One of my favorite covers, never knew Gil worked from other artists layouts, his stuff was so uniquely Gil Kane