• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What I Would Keep

4 posts in this topic

Selecting only the special books (special to me at least)

I have been away from the journals for a while, but I have noticed an interesting topic as of late, about selecting only ten books to keep should you ever have to purge your collection. I have been enjoying the posts from Tnerb and bagofleas about this, so I started thinking about my ten books to keep. I wasn't gong to start a journal about this but then I thought "what the hell!"Starting at the bottom, I would pull my copy of Raiders of the Lost Ark #1. This is a common book with almost 90 copies listed in the census at 9.8, but I really enjoy my copy, as it is one of the few I have seen with both white pages and a perfectly centered cover (with a black front cover and a white back cover, miswrapes really stick out).I got my copy from World Wide Comics back in October, 2009. I had recently moved, so I was occupied with getting settled in. When I saw the Raiders book listed, I did not immediately purchase this. I knew I wanted the book but I thought I'd better hold off on any unnecessary purchases. As I was out and about, I could not stop thinking about this book. I thought I'd better head home and get this before someone else does, I did not have a smart phone at the time so this was a long trip back. When I got back, the book was still listed, all I had to do was click add to cart.Raiders of the Lost Ark is one of my favorite movies, so it is nice to have this piece of memorabilia. The cover art took some time to grow on me, but this is the first Indiana Jones comic. This Golden State copy is also fresh, with vibrant colors, I smile every time I see it.

13639.jpg

See more journals by Brandon Shepherd