• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Another disgruntled USPS rant

13 posts in this topic

Or This has been a public service announcement

How is it the USPS is hurting for money, oh yea, they suck.

Cgc has only recently started to ship through other means than USPS. Of course if you have an account with FedEx that was a choice as well. With all the changes CGC has been making, I think the best one is adding UPS has a shipping choice.

I track my packages from the moment they ship to the moment they arrive. On this particular package it was stated a notice was left, twice. One time they stated the notice was left in the morning hours, 10:49am to be precise. The second time they have posted a notice being left was 9:12pm. And although my parents are getting older, senility has not yet kicked in.

I have been using my parents address as a drop of point because they live in a secured building and someone is always there. The other good thing about using my parents address is my father is retired and can be around to sign for the package. Especially when I give him advance notice that I am expecting something. At no time did anyone call upstairs to let him know a package needed to be signed for, not to mention the notice left by the USPS was never left.

This occurred on the twentieth. It is the next day and I am diligently trying to find where this package is. I did the only thing I knew to do and called the post office directly. They told me the same thing I can read in the computer, a notice was left. I proceeded to tell then that no notice was left and all I had to do was go to the post office and pick it up. My father being my father started to walk over to the post office and I decided to come into the city.

Unfortunately the horror story has continued, the package is missing. After being told that the package was in the local post office my parents were told the opposite, it's not there,it's on the truck. At this point I was walking to meet them but they had me go to their apartment instead. I checked with security and the office and both had just started their shift. The sign "mail was delivered" was posted but it wasn't there, nor once again was any notice.

I am writing this while waiting for them to return. My frustration is rising and I am swearing off the USPS. I will look into opening an account with FedEx and once my stamps are used up will attempt to pay everything online rather than snail mail.

This has not been the first time this has happened. If I am not mistaken this is the eighth time that this has occurred. Four have never been found. One was signed for by the postal carrier and recovered after going to the supervisor as soon as I saw it was signed for and it wasn't me. The next day I was able to retrieve it and the supervisor said they would follow up on it. The next week as I followed up I was told the supervisor that took care of me never existed.

I have no trust with them anymore. Of course I hope I am over reacting and somehow the package is delivered. I also hope my activity pushed them to find and deliver the package. I'll let you know. As for what is missing, a copy of Sandman #13 SS 9.8, a book I originally purchased and read as a teen and Marvel Team Up 100 double cover 9.6 SS.

Thank you for reading.

Ps. after getting my package from UPS I left to go home. An hour and a half later the package was delivered a little after 9pm. So I wonder why the package was delivered six hours after the mail was already dropped off. I feel like Mr. Owl eating a tootsie roll pop...the world may never know.

13649.jpg

See more journals by Tnerb

Oh man dont get me started on USPS.....Ive had issues with them not delivering....but I know why they suck its the people that work for USPS just dont care. There oblivious.

Sorry to hear man.

I think it happens to everyone especially if your like me and get a few books a month...it just happened to be your turn....

Brian

Man that stinks. Its reasons like that that I made friends with my postal carrier. Made friends with the UPS guy too. My USPS guy knows that I wait on packages and if Im not home he puts them in safe place. The UPS guy will bring them by my work if Im not home. I guess sometimes it is nice to live in a small town.

I am going to look into getting a FedEx account. The local guy calls to make sure I am in. Thank you HorrorFan8 and gschilljr fir your comments.

I had to rant, to get it all out. My next journal will be a bit better.

T,

Wow that really Sucks and again for that. As for me since I'm over here and I know my wife would never open the packages to even confirm my orders and plus she works late I had to change my address for both my CGC Orders, eBay Orders, and the other auction places. For me I am lucky enough to have such a good relationship with my LCS owner Earl that I have things sent there. He's amazing, checks CGC numbers, what's been sent, and even the condition in case I wish to have it returned. Because of him if I ever have an issue he updates me and send an email based off photos he sends.

Honestly couldn't do it nor keep up with my obsession if it weren't for him. Plus since he always receives comic orders there anyways and is always at the shop the USPS, UPS, and Fed Ex guys are always on good terms with him.

Maybe you could ask your LCS guy since you obviously have built some good rapport with him.

K

Wow thats frustrating. I've luckily never had a problem with the USPS. But on my latest shipment to CGC I checked for UPS shipping since its cheaper. Hopefully FEDEX is able to alleviate this insanity for you.

Hey Tnerb, I got a FedEx account a few months ago and couldn't be happier with it. It's even cheaper to use that what is typically charged by USPS. My last shipment of books from CGC was only $12.50. My only complaint is that I don't get a shipping notification from FedEx, but if I cared that much I could probably get the tracking number from CGC. Hasn't been an issue yet, because if I miss the driver I just reroute it to a local FedExKinkos location for pickup.

I have a PO Box that I have all of my packages sent to. It costs me under $100 for the year and guarantees any books I'm getting won't end up left out in the elements or stolen off the front steps.

Fed Ex is fine I guess but locally they're a PITA. I've had shipments from CGC come back when I'm not home and been left an attempted delivery notice. There's a Fed Ex terminal right here in town and they always tell me they can't just hold it there, the closest two places they've ever been willing to reroute to are about 25 minutes and 45 minutes away which puts it at about a minimum of an hour round trip. I think it's kind of BS that if someone sends me something through them that I have to spend my time and gas to go that far out of my way when they have a place in town I can be at in 5 minutes or so. :screwy:

I have a PO Box that I have all of my packages sent to. It costs me under $100 for the year and guarantees any books I'm getting won't end up left out in the elements or stolen off the front steps.

Fed Ex is fine I guess but locally they're a PITA. I've had shipments from CGC come back when I'm not home and been left an attempted delivery notice. There's a Fed Ex terminal right here in town and they always tell me they can't just hold it there, the closest two places they've ever been willing to reroute to are about 25 minutes and 45 minutes away which puts it at about a minimum of an hour round trip. I think it's kind of BS that if someone sends me something through them that I have to spend my time and gas to go that far out of my way when they have a place in town I can be at in 5 minutes or so. :screwy:

That's a local decision. I've picked up many Clink packages held for me at my local FedEx distribution center before rerouting them was a viable option. Sucks that they won't do that for you.

Hey Tnerb,

Totally feel your pain.

I experienced a mishap with USPS when i bought a vintage comic mag and the mail carrier decided to fold the magazine and cram it into my mailbox. I mentioned it briefly in a journal i wrote late last year. Ever since then i ask all shippers to label packages "Fragile, Do Not Bend, Handle with Care".

Believe it or not... just this week UPS (Brown and Company) rang my intercom bell for a delivery. I buzzed him in but he never appeared on my doorstep. 10 or 15 minutes passed and i am wondering "Did this guy get lost in the building?". So i looked out the window and spotted him in the truck and thankfully i was able to get his attention. Well i ran down to get my package but i found out he left a post message near my intercom saying he attempted to deliver but nobody was home. Can you imagine?

Anyway... i hope you get your package.

Good luck.

SW3D

I've only had one incident with USPS where I sold an issue and sent it through them.

It went missing even though their system said they had delivered it. After nearly three months, they "found" the package out of thin air and finally got it to the buyer.

Luckily, the buyer was patient and understanding, which is a rare thing in this day, so it all worked out, but it sure was frustrating during the process.

Otherwise I've had no problems with them. I even cracked open and sent ten issues to a buddy for signings through USPS just recently and they got there just fine.

But I DEFINITELY take advantage of UPS when submitting to CGC now!

Tnerb, you are like the USPS poor delivery/service magnet my friend. Of all the issues to lose too. The Sandman that has personal significance, and the MTU 100 double cover you were going to give to me. Sigh. Hope they show up! ;)

sig.jpg