• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Next SS Trade Weekend?

45 posts in this topic

Hey everyone. :hi:

As I'm sure you all remember the last one was in February. Is it too early to think about another one? Let me know what you think.

Also... I was thinking about this. Since this is the Signature Room, should we start a thread for posting signed raw books? I know the big focus is on SS slabs and sketches but I've been getting books signed since long before CGC was around let alone SS. We could set up some sort of rule such as:

Only books that you have had signed yourself or that come from a reliable source (i.e. Dynamic Forces)

I think there's probably a lot of stuff out there that would be interesting to see and very likely some signatures from creators that unfortunately passed before the SS program was in place.

I'm ready for another one.

Hey everyone. :hi:

As I'm sure you all remember the last one was in February. Is it too early to think about another one? Let me know what you think.

Also... I was thinking about this. Since this is the Signature Room, should we start a thread for posting signed raw books? I know the big focus is on SS slabs and sketches but I've been getting books signed since long before CGC was around let alone SS. We could set up some sort of rule such as:

Only books that you have had signed yourself or that come from a reliable source (i.e. Dynamic Forces)

I think there's probably a lot of stuff out there that would be interesting to see and very likely some signatures from creators that unfortunately passed before the SS program was in place.

That's an interesting thought hm I've got sigs from Dave Cockrum, Dave Stevens, and tons of others from conventions I went to way before I knew what CGC even was so they wouldn't qualify but might have a few DF books I could post with my SS books. Ready when you are!

Why not make an always open trade thread? Just edit your post when you sell, trade or decide to list on ebay.. Maybe set rules: no post unless they are your sales post....? And then have a trading post watercooler type thing..?

Why wait for a specific day?

Why not make an always open trade thread? Just edit your post when you sell, trade or decide to list on ebay.. Maybe set rules: no post unless they are your sales post....? And then have a trading post watercooler type thing..?

There is one but it doesn't seem to get much use.

link

As a whole the weekend thing works pretty well. Everyone enjoys themselves for the most part and I'd like to think it helps smooth over some of the tension that plagues the Sig Room from time to time.

The SS trading thread gets no love.

If anyone has a Gaiman-signed Miracleman or Batman they're bored of, hit me up. That's right, I'm jumping the gun.

There is one but it doesn't seem to get much use.

link

As a whole the weekend thing works pretty well. Everyone enjoys themselves for the most part and I'd like to think it helps smooth over some of the tension that plagues the Sig Room from time to time.

but if you make a thread, set some rules, then add a link to your sig line....

But I see your point.

Why not now? Can we make a separate thread for raw sigs?
Usually people need time to get their scans together, setting up your post in the trade thread takes a little work.

I don't think we'd necessarily have to set up a separate thread for raw sigs. Just separating them in your post would be sufficient I think.

June 15-17. There. Decided.