• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Seduction of the Innocent 1954 FIRST PRINT NEAR MINT

61 posts in this topic

Wow, Jimmy that Milton Caniff drawing is hair-raising! :o

Besides this, even without a certificate it looks absolutely authentic. But why did he draw these in classes in such a big format?

Anyway, you have a talent to find those absurd (in a great way) things! (thumbs u

Wow, Jimmy that Milton Caniff drawing is hair-raising! :o

Besides this, even without a certificate it looks absolutely authentic. But why did he draw these in classes in such a big format?

Anyway, you have a talent to find those absurd (in a great way) things! (thumbs u

Theres a essay in the new Milton Caniff Dragonlady collection book. (published in the last year) that mentions the drawings in like two or three sentences and has pictures of him with other drawings.

I can only imagine he was doing a "comic book art" tour or a "meet the artist MIlton Caniff" tour, which resulted in him demonstrating his artistic style to a group of people and since this was back in the day, projectors were too expensive, so he drew really big? I'm not sure. But its cool to think about!

I don't buy from Garage Sales.

These were both offered to me from their original owners.

Well the Caniff was the original owners daughter - but yeah.

staying in the selling comic game is about one thing - connections.

This sales thread is more of a response to accusations of me being in some kind of non-OFG SS cabal.

This sales thread is more of a response to accusations of me being in some kind of non-OFG SS cabal.

I think they are mostly joking Jimmy, no harm intended. :)

Or they were just wondering, as that Caniff piece is really amazing…

Goo luck with the SOTI! (thumbs u