• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Seduction of the Innocent 1954 FIRST PRINT NEAR MINT

61 posts in this topic

No Probs

No Hos

One book

I don't know about grading books but this book is missing the dust jacket. Aside from that, I've never seen such a beautiful copy. I think I've seen three in person total.

This is not a library copy.

$1700 Shipped US or Canada.

I really want $1500 cash for this book but if I have to go through paypal I have to add more stuff.

photo1-8_zps2d427055.jpg

photo2-8_zps4fd648be.jpg

photo3-6_zpsdf585866.jpg

WELL SINCE NO ONE WANTS THIS AMAZING BOOK I'LL JUST PUT OTHER STUPID THINGS I HAVE FOR SALE IN HERE.

LIKE THIS ONE PIECE OF ORIGINAL ART I HAVE THAT IS BY FAR THE GREATEST PIECE OF OUR GENERATIONS.

in the 40s or 50s Milton Caniff did some drawing classes around the US.

All are thought to have been lost.

This was in a womans garage for the past 25 years, she found it when her father died who told her not to sell it cheap.

She did not.

This piece is mounted and is huge. Its going to cost me a small fortune to ship it.

I don't want it to sell but it might.

[font:Book Antiqua]Hi jimmy:

I don’t think many board members are familiar with Milton Caniff.

If that piece its authentic

you may first got some authority to authenticate the piece

and then got a high auction house...[/font]

2c

2c

Most of my selling threads are about my . 2c

I don't really care if it doesn't sell. CANIFF ORDERED ALL OF THESE TO BE DESTROYED! But he gave this one to a guy in Montreal who gave it to her daughter, who I got it from.

She was like 75 or something. but yeah, these were all thought to be lost and or destroyed and I am very happy to keep it if no one wants it! :)

I noticed a hat hanging up and some glasses on the dresser.

Waitaminute...

Are you in someone else's house?!

BTW- that is a nice copy of SOTI.

How do I approach this next piece?!

ok well Walter Lantz before he died, had a few pen pals.

One of the pen pals was a chick from Canada. Walter must have thought Canadian girls put out or something so he sent her a drawing on canvas. It's woody the woodpecker with hunters behind him. Its cool. Anyways, Walter didn't like how it turned out. So three years later, out of the blue, he sent the girl this next piece.

Apparently the girl sent this to Walter at some point because she thought he'd like it or something? I don't know, Canadian chicks are weird, and they were weird pen pals or something. So in true Walter Lantz fashion he drew on it and sent it back to her.

This is that piece.

2c

I second the "HOLY BLEEP!" :o

If you sell it I'd suggest even getting HA to list it in their pop art auction... maybe some deeper pockets there who would go big on such an iconic well presenting piece.

Honestly, I just want to sell my copy of Seduction of the innocent.

I am going to keep throwing stupid things up here for sale that only a hand full of people (who probably hate me btw) will appreciate.