• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

#6 On the Purge Survival List

5 posts in this topic

This one's a 9.9!

Have you ever seen a book that's a little pricey but it's got your name written all over it? That's what Action Comics #581 is for me, this is graded 9.9 and it's number six on my PSL.

Three years ago I saw this baby listed on World Wide Comics New Arrivals section. I couldn't believe it, I had always liked this cover and dreamed of the day when a 9.8 copy would appear, until then, the highest grade was a 9.6. When I saw this in 9.9, I had to have it. I had been keeping an eye on a ComicLink auction, so I held off on the 9.9. A few days later the auction ended and I did not win what I had bid on. With this loss, I seized opportunity elsewhere, on wwcomics.com.

The 9.9 was pricey but it had my name on it, my birthday was also fast approaching so I decided to treat myself. I enjoyed every penny I spent on this, this was also my second 9.9 comic, I have not purchased another 9.9 since.

I first saw this cover as a kid when I was flipping through my little booklet of Action Comics covers, I made a note to try and find a copy someday. I love the simplicity of this cover, you have a chance to be Superman for a day, he's ready to hand you the suit, just flip open the cover!

This is one special piece for me, I couldn't part with it, I waited so long for a 9.8, I never thought I would find a 9.9!

13654.jpg

See more journals by Brandon Shepherd

Wwcomics is a great site. Very reasonable prices, friendly/helpful, and fast secure shipping. I just picked up a few books there myself and will be writing a journal about them soon. Congrats on such a high grade book. I don't blame you for not wanting to part with it.

Sweet... very sweet! I don't own anything above a 9.9.

You're absolutely right about the beauty of the cover in its simplicity.

Maybe your next journal should be just that... imagine if you were Superman for a day... what adventure would you have? That would be very cool to read.

SW3D