• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DragonCon Superman #14 purchase

9 posts in this topic

While DragonCon has gotten worse and worse for buying comics over the years (I went this year mainly to look for posters). I did manange to find this little beauty there this year. It's got some of the best eye appeal that I've ever seen on a Superman #14 (certainly a lot better than the Heritage 7.5 copy that had marker on the cover), and very nice pages. The defect keeping it from high grade is a tiny bit of silverfish chew at the top of the spine - but the overall look was so sharp I had to get it. Not sure what kind of grade this would get because of the defect, but it'll probably stay ungraded in my collection anyways.

supey14.jpg

close-up of the silverfish damage

supey14side.jpg

Sweet!

thumbsup2.gifThat's one book that's been on my want list for many years. Too bad almost every copy has been attacked by a Sharpie. 893naughty-thumb.gif

I the SF damage is all that's wrong with I I'd give it a VG/FN.