• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hulk vs. Superman

15 posts in this topic

Well it's a well-worn rule of comics that when superheroes first meet each other, they have to fight.

Are these new books you're talking about? I may be imagining things, but I'm pretty sure there was a Supes/Hulk Treasury book in the 70s. A Superman/Silver Surfer book could be really cool, though. Both immensely powerful aliens making Earth their home, one looking to escape, one looking to assimilate. Lots of "character" stuff could be written into it.

Just ordered this book. Is it a waste of time? I also noticed that there is a Silver Surfer/Superman book as well. Is it a battle issue?

The Superman/Hulk book is a wonderful retro story with fantastic art by Steve Rude. Rude does a great Joe Shuster style Superman, and an equally great early Jack Kirby Hulk. If you liked the Rude Captain America or World's Finest, you'll probably like this too!

BTW, the tabloid crossover teamup from the early 80s was a Batman/Hulk teamup.

I thought they already published a Silver Surfer/Superman story. Hmmm...could be thinking of something else, but it seems very familiar. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Yes they have, I'm just wondering if its a battle book or if its just more of a showcase of each character? I won't buy it unless there is a battle. devil.gif The Hulk book is circa 1999, check it out on Chuck's website.

I thought they already published a Silver Surfer/Superman story. Hmmm...could be thinking of something else, but it seems very familiar. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Yes they have, I'm just wondering if its a battle book or if its just more of a showcase of each character? I won't buy it unless there is a battle. devil.gif The Hulk book is circa 1999, check it out on Chuck's website.

His website is down. 893frustrated.gif

On the Hulk v. Superman book, I think they printed it in two formats. Again I could be wrong here. I thought they printed a treasury sized version and the regular comic version. Damn memory seems to be fading. Must stop drinking. 893frustrated.gif

On the Hulk v. Superman book, I think they printed it in two formats. Again I could be wrong here. I thought they printed a treasury sized version and the regular comic version. Damn memory seems to be fading. Must stop drinking. 893frustrated.gif

Dude, don't you know drinking and comics go together???!!! flowerred.gif

Dude, don't you know drinking and comics go together???!!! flowerred.gif

especially with new Marvel continuity.

Here I scanned my copy of the book, although you are correct they do not fight each other in this issue.

sssupermanf.jpg

sssupermanb.jpg

Austin... cloud9.gif

Back in 1998 or something I bought a book with a huge crossover for DC and Marvel fights included,

Namor vs. Aquaman

Quiksilver vs. Flash

Hulk vs. Superman

Silver Surfer vs. Green Lantern

Elektra vs. Catwoman

Storm vs. Wonder Woman

Jubilee vs. Robin

Thor vs. Captain Marvel

Captain America vs. Batman

Wolverine vs. Lobo

Spiderman vs. Superboy

I think that's all. I really liked it, had some great moments and I can't find it anywhere. Anyone know where I can find a copy now?